Tuesday, 3 April 2012
Mixed Tuesday
With a bright but cloudy start the day deteriorated weather wise as it went on until just around lunchtime the rain started falling and the sky went dark. Not the sort of weather anyone wanted for the school holidays. All the same it wasn't going to stop us having some fun even if we couldn't get outside and into the fresh air.
Once again Lucy was up first and it was her voice calling my name I first heard. As I went in she was sitting up in her bed looking at the pictures in a book she got off her shelf. I gave her a cuddle and we gathered her things and headed down stairs. Soon she was sitting my chair, covered in her blanket and I went off to get us both a drink and Lucy some breakfast. As we woke up watching television Catherine returned with her friend who was staying to just before dinner.
The morning was spent playing in the house. Catharine's friend got a fair amount of attention from Lucy and soon Lucy was sitting on her lap and watching television, while the two older girls played on the computer. Eventually, the teenager appeared and took residence in the living room away from Catherine and her friend. It would seem that for Emily it was too early to have visitors and she just wanted to be unsociable. It also turned out that Emily had plans to go to Millie's, but managed to miss the boat and by the time she realised what was going on Millie had gone on a shopping trip without her.
After we all had lunch, and after the girls had burnt off some of their energy from the meal, it was time to do something with the dull day. Not that it had been dull at home at all. I defiantly needed to get out and do things and I think Lucy did too. I really hate being stuck inside and not doing anything, I would rather be out and about and having fun. It is just not me, especially when so much more fun can be had in the fresh air or in just doing something away from home.
With the grey cloud gathering and threat of rain or even snow, if the weather forecast was to believed, we headed for an indoor play area for a few hours. Being the nearest, and given the petrol situation, the indoor play of choice was Mini Monsters in Oakham. Lucy likes it there, but she misses the cars she loves in Rascals in Stamford. On the plus side, for me, it has better coffee. She had a grand time climbing, spinning around, sliding, playing with the toys and sampling all the place had to offer. It was just a shame we had to head home when the placed closed. It would be nice if it was open a little later in the school holidays.
Before we went home we had to pop to the supermarket to get the ingredients for dinner. We needed some nice fresh chicken portions to make our barbecue chicken for dinner, as well as some odds and ends, including sweets for Lucy to take back for her sister Mary and for herself when she goes home tomorrow. I love the ways she remembers to ask for them, and the fact she remembers her sister. In fact we all remember her, she is a lovely girl and we all miss her.
Anyway, the shopping didn't take long and we were all soon home and I found myself cooking dinner. The girls settling down to watch a DVD as I cooked, If I say so myself dinner turned out to be lovely, and the evidence of what was left of peoples plates suggests that I was right. It just tasted yummy.
After dinner the girls finished watching the DVD before a little bit of quiet time before Lucy went to bed. In some ways it was little bit sad, after her stories and cuddles, she asked me how many sleeps were left and I said none. She gave me that sad face and asked if she could have more. I had to explain, not for the first time. At least she raised a little smile when I said next time she has three sleeps.
The bigger two girls did there own thing until their bedtime arrived. In fact it they both weren't up too much longer than Lucy. They were both tired from the day and their beds seemed welcoming places to be.
There is just the one day left now of having the girls together, and tomorrow will be a bit of a juggling act. It will the last full, or in the case of Lucy nearly full day, they have at home. Emily and Catherine want to see their friends before they go off to see their mum. How we will work it is anyones guess. There are no plans, we are just going to play the day by ear and let go were it wants to go. All I know is I'm going to enjoy the day as much as possible.
1 comment:
Lucy looks lovely
Post a Comment