Monday, 22 November 2010
Artist of the Week - Pink
This week it is the turn of an Artist I haven't listened to in a while but one I am very familiar with. Some times I find I just listen to someone over and over again until my interest wears off. Not sure why I do this, maybe it just the CD happens to be in the car CD player and I can't bothered to change it because I like the music on it. The result is they get over played and when that happens I have to take a break from their music and this week it is time to revisit "Pink".
The first "Pink" album I listened to was "Funhouse" back in the spring of 2008. I just loved the music it was catchy as well as being deeply meaningful at times with tracks such as "Glitter in the Air". I remember travelling backwards and forwards to Leeds with Emily and Catherine in the car with all of us singing away like mad things. It didn't stop just there I also remember listening to the music of the way to work singing along to the songs. The album is about the break up of her relationship with her husband. little did I know the same thing would befall me later that year and it would be so relevant to my life and the songs took on another meaning. Maybe that is why I stopped listening to that album, however I have listened to some of her other albums since.
Pink real name Alecia Beth Moore and she was born in 1979 in Doylestown, Pennsylvania. She is a contralto singer-songwriter as well as being a musician, a acrobat, a dancer and a actress. Fame came for her in 2000 when she released her first single "There You Go" which was a top 10 hit in both the UK and America as well as reaching number 1 on the Australian Airplay Chart. This was track came from her first album "Can't Take Me Home" which was more R and B in nature than her later albums which are more in the pop rock genre. In fact this shift in style happened when she released her second album, Missundaztood, which became a worldwide hit. Since then she has gone onto record another five albums the last one being "Funhouse" in 2008 and toured the world over. As I said earlier the last album was about the break up of her marriage which thankfully she managed to save saying that "the separation taught her not to try to change him and that she also had to work on herself". It is good in these days of throwaway relationships that someone so much in the public eye sets the example of not giving up. That done all to easily when the going gets tough or even as things start to get better. Finally not only is a singer she has also appeared in six films to date often as herself.
I looking forward to listening to her music again and I going to make up a compilation CD of her music to play in the car which will include the tracks featured in the video's here. It will include a mix of her more upbeat songs as well as those that are more meaningful and slower. If you are interested in the other tracks I include drop me a line on Facebook or my E-Mail if you have it and I will be happy to send you the playlist. If you decide to listen to some of Pink's music happy listening.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment