Tuesday, 16 November 2010
Cold and Sunny
It been one of those really busy days when you don't actually have time to stop and relax. I seem to have been here there and everywhere sorting out this and that and when I wasn't there were other things that needed sorting out to keep me busy. It didn't just last the day, when the day was done and the Diner was eaten there was preparation to do for my lessons tomorrow.
The morning was like many of the other morning recently except the sun was shining and the skies were blue. Getting the girls up and getting them off to school was a breeze. The only thing that put a bit of a spanner in the works on the school front was the ice that was on the car that Emily and myself had to get off before we could head off to Oakham. Thankfully it was all speeded up by a kind lady that lent Emily her scraper from her car as she warmed up the engine. With both Emily and Catherine in school there was time to get some milk from the CoOp and then a coffee while I dealt with the first problem of the day my lesson observation that was scheduled for today when it my day for having Lucy. Then it was off to the Doctors before going to get Lucy.
As always it was lovely to see her and we had a lovely talk on the way home. Every time I see her now I can see the improvement in what she understands and what she can say. It is amazing how quickly they learn at her age. Soon we were home and we were welcomed by George as always. Most of the morning was spent in the family room playing with games. In between which I checked my emails for news of what was happening on Wednesday, just one of many communication tasks of the day.
Around midday we had lunch. Today we both had pizzas, a small one of Lucy and s thin base large ones myself. Nothing special just frozen ones from the supermarket but they were still rather yummy. Lucy after finishing hers started to tuck into mine, I never mind and think it is quite sweet really.
After lunch it was off out again this time to the car shop to buy some bits I needed for the car. Lucy had a grand time in the shop and loved the motorbikes they had there and the hats, as she called them, for the riders. She even decided to get on one of them and stood holding the handles. Thankfully they are all on proper stands just for that purpose so there was no chance of it falling over. With that done we went out for a short drive to pass some time while listening to music on the car CD player. We did go far just around some of the villages before returning to Oakham to pick Emily from school and visit Royce's Recreational Ground that is near the school.
Lucy loves any park so going there was a real plus for her. It was still very cold, although the sun had been shining all day, but Lucy look lovely and warm in her new coat that she got for her birthday. Soon she was playing on the climbing frame there. Climbing the simulated rock climb with some help, crossing the bridge and zipping down the slide. All the time she was smiling and chatting away and including me in the games she was playing. She loved it when we finally saw Emily and gave her the biggest hug.
When we got home another rush was on. I had to get dinner ready as well as go to Catherine's parents evening at her school. I was very proud of how Catherine is doing she has come so far in such a short space of time. I always thought she would have problems given her age and the fact she has a little bit of a hearing problem that has put her behind on her spelling, but it turns out she is overcoming this now and is doing really well. Even the extra maths she has been doing is paying off and her teacher gave us some thing to do that will help her even more.
With parents evening out of the way it was time for dinner. All the girls sat down together have there meal before going back into the family room to play. I just love the way Lucy always clears her plate now, she seems so grown up now when she does it and I'm sure she feels the same way. They didn't have long to play as it was soon time for her to go back to Oakham. On the way back she was asking if her other sister Mary could come and play at daddies, of course the answer is yes. Mary is always welcome here if she wants to come, although I can't see her mum ever letting that happen despite whats was promised in the past when we separated. It is a shame really given how we brought the children up to be together and there for each other. I wish I understood the reason to go back on those promises because there isn't one that is logical. All I have heard seems highly unlikely given what I have seen in practice. Anyway Lucy was back in Oakham all too soon and now we all can't wait to see her again on Friday.
I'm really looking forward to sleeping tonight after the day I have had. Hopefully the teaching will seem nice and relaxing compared to today. I love my job and the really like teaching the people I do. I might work in two different colleges with completely different student groups but they are good, it's just that some of them don't realise it yet. At the end of the day I did end up feeling that someone along the way really doesn't understand me at all at times, although they know me so so well, but I didn't let it affect me too much, after all tomorrow is another day.




No comments:
Post a Comment