Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Just another Tuesday

It has been one of those nondescript days you get every so often in life. Just a day like any other but in some way's but in others it different and there is no reason for it. It is hard to describe it but it is based around a feeling that makes it that way that you can't put your finger on.


It started off like any other. Getting Emily and Catherine and getting both off to school with packed lunches in there bag. The only thing that was different was that I cooked them some fresh food to put in their lunch boxes. The reason I'm having to do that is that because of a design fault that has stopped the fridge cooling properly, although thankfully the freezer is still working perfectly. In fact it is colder than it was before in the freezer. The only other thing that is a pain is having to get fresh milk nearly every day from the Co Op in Oakham in the mornings after I have dropped off Emily.


Anyway with Emily and Catherine safely at school, there was time for the normal routine before getting little Lucy from Oakham. Soon she was in the car after a kiss and a cuddle and we were heading back to Langham to play. She chatted all the way back with her news and as usual we were welcomed when we got there by an excited George with his tail wagging like mad.

The morning was spent playing around the house for Lucy. Both upstairs with her dolls house and down stairs with her babies. The train set got a look in as always and she even played with her soft toys in the living room, pretending they were asleep. It was lovely to play with her as always and when I wasn't how she just turns up for a lovely nice cuddle.


In the afternoon we popped out for lunch and a drive. Today we went to Greggs on Corby for some food. It a nice drive to Corby from Langham with some lovely views of the Eyebrook Reservoir  just after you get outside of Uppingham. I always mean to find somewhere to stop and talk a few pictures but for some reason I never do. Even today when I had my camera I forgot to locate the parking spot at the side of the road on the way there and passed it without noticing on the way back.


When we got back towards Oakham we noticed there was a lot aircraft movements around the RAF base at Cottesmore. Lucy kept pointing out the planes she could see as we drove along. It is unusual to see the Harriers now since it was announced they were going to be grounded so we drove towards the end of the runway to see if we could see any close too. Thankfully they were all doing circuits and soon we count at least five aircraft, although there could have been more flying around. Two were in formation that did a break away over the runway that would put the Red Arrows to shame. Lucy loved it and she was disappointed when they all landed. It was lucky I had my camera with me and I manage to take a few pictures of these lovely planes. Soon they will be gone.


After seeing the planes land we went off to Oakham to pick up Emily from school before returning home to Catherine and George. Lucy was so pleased to have them both at home again and was soon bossing them about and getting them to play with her. Eventually she went upstairs with Catherine and Emily got on with her homework for a while and I got on with cooking some dinner.

After dinner we all played in the living room for a bit and in a mad moment I let Catherine take a picture of Lucy, George and me. There are very few pictures of me so having a picture taken at all is a rare thing and having one on the internet even rarer. Soon it was time for Lucy to return back to Oakham and she was gone after kisses and cuddles all round. We all miss her when she not here.


It been a strange day. Sort of frustrating in a strange way but all the same I have on the whole enjoyed it and it lovely having all three daughters together and listening to them playing and having fun. It was just a shame I had lots of work to do in the evening, I could have done with a good rest.

No comments: