Tuesday, 30 November 2010

White Tuesday

The cold weather continues and there was more snow overnight to add to that which had already fallen. Even more is forecast for the coming days which is making life a little harder than normal in terms of getting about. All the same life goes on and things need to get done and thankfully at the moment there are no major problems with the main roads and the schools are open.


Having said that mainly due Emily's sluggishness she hasn't made it to school on time all week. She just doesn't see the need to hurry and allow time to clean the car no matter how much I tell her we have to go. Catherine on the other hand has the complete opposite attitude to the bad weather and has been allowing extra time for her walk to school although it is less than five minutes away.  I'm sure Emily will get better as she gets use to the weather but in the meantime I will carry on motivating her to hurry up in the mornings.

With Emily and Catherine both safely in school I had time after my drive to Oakham for a cup of coffee, a wash and a little rest reading the news and weather on BBC website before I had to head out to Oakham again, this time to get Lucy. According to her mummy her she had no more spots and she is sleeping well again so hopefully she is over the worse. I must say she did seem a bit quiet when I picked her up but she soon started talking as we drove back to Langham.


When we got back we had to negotiate the walk to the house which is becoming a bit slippery now that the snow has been compacted by people walking up and down it. The fresh snow has helped but Lucy was a little unsure of her footing and held my hand all the way to the house. She had a lovely pair of new boosts on she said were just like her mummies. Once inside the fun could begin. There was the welcome from George and then it was time to get the toys out and start playing. Soon the family room floor was covered in toys from cars to trains and more. She even managed to spread herself into the living room with her toy shop stuff and her shopping trolly. I must say she sometimes she really makes me smile with the things she says and the this morning was no exception. 

At lunchtime we headed out to Melton to pop to the supermarket it there. The Tesco's there has better access than the one at Oakham in weather like this. There is a covered walk way from the parents and child parking area to the entrance of the shop which normally free of snow. After going a round the shop and making the checkout girl smile we popped to McDonalds and we brought us a a bite to eat before returning back to Langham driving back in the snow. Thankfully it was sticking to the roads and the drive was quite easy.



When we got home it was on with playing shops. She was so engrossed in the game that she started while I was putting the shopping away she even forgot to take off her coat. Soon the little boxes of food, the tin cans and the pretend fruit were being put in bags after being scanned and then put back into the trolly to be pushed to the car. I just love the way they make games out of the things we do everyday. Unfortunately there wasn't log to play before we had to head out in the snow again this time to get Emily from school.

It never takes long too get Emily from school. The 2 mile drive takes at most 5 minutes which compared to the 2 mile drive in to Leeds to get the girls to and from school when we lived there. Often the same length drive could take 20 to 30 minutes depending on the traffic lights and the traffic levels. Soon Emily got her Lucy welcome and they both chatted all the way home. When we got in Catherine was ready home and Lucy went with Emily to find her while I locked up the car. I'm sure she got a great welcome before they all went off in to the family room to play while I cooked dinner.


Soon dinner was all cooked and they were eating and talking at the table as they ate there food before going off to play again. As always time ran out on them and it was soon time for Lucy to go back to Oakham. Today of all days I didn't want her to go but there is little I could do about it, she has to go and I have to live with it. I miss them all when they are not about it and doesn't matter which one is not with me. It's funny, ages ago I use to sleep in the same room as Lucy and it took me ages get over not waking up and seeing her smiling face. It was the same sort of feeling I had then that lasted for months. At least this will be gone by tomorrow when I'm busy at work. I hope, after all it has been one of those days. 

Anyway, I was soon back in Langham and back in the warm. I did notice they hadn't salted the road on the village bus route and I hope they do it by morning otherwise getting to work going to be hard. You could see the ice starting to form on the road as I parked. When I got back in the house I found Emily and Catherine had taken themselves off to the family room to play on the computers and watch TV. They both did this until before bed when Catherine had a shower while Emily got on with talking to her friends on Facebook. All to soon the house fell quite and I got on with my work for tomorrow.


It was for me one of the those thoughtful days at times when you realise that your dreams, desires and goals in life are the same as they have always been. The only question is the the way to get there. What can I do to make them reality rather than something I only dream about while I am drive about or sleep at night. No goal is impossible to achieve as long as you don't lose sight of it, even if the road seems hard to follow at times. I know I won't lose sight of those goals however many obstacles I have to overcome along the way I will tackle them one by one. I actually know what I want in life and I will get it in the end.

No comments: