Tuesday, 23 November 2010

Early Start

I was expecting another dull wet day but when I woke up but the day was fine and the sun was shining. It was cold and a little windy but the brightness in the months leading up to winter is always welcome. It cheers the heart to see the sun anytime of the year. Shame later in the day it clouded over but that didn't stop the fun even if became rather cold. It certainly is turning wintery. 


Shortly after I got up and while I was drinking  I checked the email on the computer to see if anything new had been sent to me. Good thing I did as there was an email asking me to pick Lucy early from Oakham. It seem that there was some sort of emergency that need dealing with. I hope nothing major. Anyway I soon had Catherine and Emily ready for school and and the later dropped off just outside her school in Oakham. On the way back I popped to the Co Op to pick up some milk as normal spotting little Lucy and company on the way to school, waiting to cross the road. I tired to flash them to cross and I slowed down but they didn't notice until it was to late for them to cross at all. On the way back I need to go to the bank. I always thought they opened at nine but not in Oakham it's half past nine so I had some time to kill and popped into the church to light a candle for those I love and those I have lost.



Soon it was time to get Lucy and I drove the short journey from the church to the house she lives in when she is not here. It must have been earlier than I thought because when I knocked on the door there was no reply, but I didn't have to wait long until she came round the corner, spotted me and ran into my arms bring a smile to everyone. She had been to the shops with her mummy to buy some crisps. Soon we were heading back to the church to park again before going off to the bank for the second time.  On the way and to past a little time we popped into Fords of Oakham to look at the toys. It was nice and warm in there and people are always so welcoming even if your just looking around. She loves the toy trains in there and was showing some of the other things she would like to have, but we didn't have long to stay there the bank had opened I was keen to get home again to begin the day.

When we got home we were welcomed by George who is always pleased to Lucy. Like I have said before the are partners in crime and he follows her around the house for most the day and even when he is sleeping he is in the same room. We spent the morning playing games in the family room and out in the garden playing on her tricycle which we eventually brought into the house and out of the cold. After a while she settled down to watch a film on my PSP which she found on my chair. It was the film "Robots" which Emily and Catherine also loved when they were younger. She loved it although she did think it was a game because she had seen me play games on the PSP. Talking about films on the PSP I'm surprised I have never been asked to borrow the ones I have, I know someone else little that likes them, and maybe I could borrow the "League of Gentleman" in return. 


For lunch we headed out in the car to find something nice to eat, although I did have some food in, but can wait until another day. He headed out of Rutland through Uppingham and onto Corby passing the Eyebrook Reservoir which straddles the boarders of Leicestershire and Rutland. Later returning to take a picture on the way back home. I had been meaning to take a picture of it for ages and for once I had a camera with me and I worked out where to stop. We ended up in Corby for lunch at Greggs which we all love before heading back.

Passing through Uppingham for a second time we stopped to look around. While there I took the opportunity to take a few more pictures of Uppingham to add to my collection of pictures of Rutland. Lucy doesn't sem to mind what we do as long as she is with me and we just chatted away the time between snaps.


When we got back to Oakham there was a little time left to go to the park before we picked up Emily form school to take her home. Lucy loves the going to the park and even 10 to 15 spent there means the world to her. Today was no exception despite the the cold. We stayed there as long as time allowed enjoying all it had to offer. Back in the warm car there wasn't long to wait before Emily arrived and got her Lucy welcome. I love the way she looks forward to seeing us all from the moments she gets in the car when I pick her up. When we got home it was Catherine's turn for her welcome and they all went off to play together and have fun in the family room, until something happened.

It was just before dinner that Lucy bumped her head on the floor. The cottage has titled floors downstairs and they are all very hard. Great for cleaning but it sure hurts if you fall on them. Emily came in to the kitchen with a crying Lucy and a bump. Quickly we applied an ice pack and soon Lucy was sitting down with CAtherine playing nurse and helping her keep it in the right spot. Lucy was really good and thankfully we got the ice pack on soon enough to keep the swelling down to a minimum. I worry about things like this since Catherine got concussion at her mums so I'm very quick to act. Thankfully Lucy seemed alright and ate loads of her dinner and was soon running around again.


After dinner they all went back to playing and I kept checking to make sure Lucy was alright. The bump didn't seem to be bothering her at all thankfully. The manage to have a lovely time until it was time for Lucy to return back to Oakham. On the way back we chatted about her day and told her to be good for everyone and that I loved her as always. The drop off was rather subdued but they have been like that for  a while. I guess, there is too much that hasn't been said and that that has been said isn't acknowledged or understood. It is like everything is buried in the hope it will go away, but things don't go away until you sort them out especially if they are important. Anyway life goes on all the same and time moves on and little ever changes. All you can do is know what you know and trust that the truth comes to the fore.

When I got back Emily and Catherine had gone onto the computers to watch some of the programmes they love so much on BBC iPlayer.I must admit the way BBC iPlayer is changing how people watch television is rather interesting. Gone are the days when you had to wait for your favourite programme and have to sit through the ones you don't like. They just both pick and mix what they want to watch and when. Sometimes watching together and sometimes on their own. Also solves the problem of one want to watch one programme while the other one wants to watch something else and the arguments that can cause. It took them through to bedtime when they both went up to sleep.

With a lesson observation tomorrow it going to be a long night and a busy day in the morning. I hope little Lucy is alight overnight and her bump on the head comes to nothing. I'll text in the morning to check that she is alright. I sure she will be but it is best to check, it will put my mind at ease. I hate when she hurts herself even if it couldn't be helped. She is one of many I love with all my heart and mean the world to me.

No comments: