Friday, 12 November 2010

The Weekend Starts Here

I'm lucky that I have three lovely children and that my weekend always starts on a Friday. There is the downside that I can't earn as money as I would like or need at times and things that way are hard, but for what I lose in that way I make up in some many other ways. My children mean so much to me and I will always be there for them.


The day started off well with Emily and Catherine both getting up early for school and getting Emily there with time to spare. Recently I have been cooking them some fresh food to put in their pack lunches to take to school. I have been doing that every morning since we started having problems with the fridge. It seemed the best solution to make sure the food they have is fresh. Hopefully we can get it fixed in a week or so time.  It will be nice to stock up on food again.

With the girls in school there was time for a coffee and a shower before heading out again this time to get little Lucy from Oakham. For me it is at this point the weekend starts for me. This time she came with a scooter. It was a rather quite pick up compared to normal. Once we got in the car Lucy started chatting away telling me of the things she has done. I like that part of seeing her it makes me feel like she wants me to share the moments of her life that are important to her. It's amazing what she say's and sometimes and some times she really warms my heart. It's just a shame I can't make some of her dreams come true.


Most of the day was spent playing in the house and outside on the scooter. She is really good on her scooter and was zooming around with such speed and confidence. She loved showing me how good she was on it. It was one of the things I had penciled in as a possible birthday present or Christmas present so knowing she has one I can not strike that off my list of thing to get her. I guess by her birthday next year she will want something like a bicycle. Between her high speed runs on the scooter she did find some time to play shops, give out some cuddles and play with her dolls house. I love the way her imagination keeps developing and she is developing a really nice personality. It funny sometimes I see bits or Emily and Catherine in her and at other times bits of her other sister Mary.


At one pint we popped out to the shops. We had a grand time around the supermarket. She sat in the trolly and pretended it was a car and literally zoomed around the supermarket with lots of giggles from Lucy. It was great fun and having her with me always makes shopping interesting and fun. I love the way she not demanding and if I say she can't have something she generally just accepts it and we move on. When we got home she was tired and took some time out to watch the TV before racing around the house again.

After Emily and Catherine came home from school she settled down to play with them and Gorge the dog until dinner time. Some of the things she says to them are very sweet at times. Today dinner was a special treat. We went to the fish and chip at Cottesmore. Lucy loved it there and I had to carry her all the time so she could see what was going on. When it came to leaving she gave every one and wave and said goodbye.  It was nice not to cook for a change and everyone enjoyed their dinner.


After dinner the girls played together until it was time for Lucy to go to bed. The only problem we did have is we found a little friend in her hair and after combing her hair through we found another large one! Hopefully that was all there was and none escaped our efforts. Just to be sure we will comb her trough again while she is here and we will have to check our hair for a while. They use to be a real problem but we been clear of them now for nearly 18 months and we don't want to start getting them again now.

With Lucy's bath over and done with and in her PJ's it was time for her to go to bed. Tonight everyone read her a story and as always I read the final one. I have to read the same story every time but I don't mind as I love the story I read and love doing the voices. When I finished I gave her kisses and cuddles from those she loves and off to sleep she went with toy dog, two dummies and a bottle of juice.


With Lucy in bed, Emily Catherine started watch the programmes they like on the computer. Catherine has just about caught up with Eastenders now while Emily is enjoying watching some of the episodes of Dr Who that are on the BBC iPlayer website. This occupied them until it was time for them to go bed, but no stories for them just a goodnight cuddle and then off they go to sleep. They are so grown up now when i compare them to little Lucy.

It been a great day in many ways and the start of what I hope will be a wonderful weekend. I have had a lovely time even though we stayed home most of the day. It was also day where along the way what needed to be said was said, that's how things are, and will be for a long time to come, we just have get on with life.

No comments: