Sunday, 14 November 2010

Lazy Weekend

It been a sort of Lazy weekend where everyone has just relaxed and had fun. It hasn't been without incident but that affected one of the computers and will involve taking the bottom case off of a iBook G4 to remove the broken bits of the power connector and buying a new power pack. Something we could do without at the moment. The problem is it is the computer I use for work, email and for writing the blog and now I going to have to get up to speed on a different keyboard. So please excuse the shorter combined blog update and no that things will get back to normal as soon as possible. May be in a week or so with any luck, assuming nothing else goes wrong.


Lucy's saturday was mainly spent playing in and around the house with Emily and Catherine. Trains and the dolls house seem to take up a lot of her time although she did play with a lot of her other toys too. The scooter got a fair bit of use and she was zooming around the house on it on at one point. The all had a visitor for a short time when Charlie came round to join in the fun for an hour or so. It was lovely just to sit back and watch and listen to them playing. It gave me time to think about the things that matter.


In the evening the girls watch some television together until it was time for Lucy's bath. Then it was all hands to the bathroom to make sure we all joined her fun. She had a super time as normal. With the bath out of the way it was time for bed for Lucy and after her special kisses and cuddles she went into the land of nod.


Sunday was very much like Saturday. The morning started with Lucy getting me up and we watch some TV and cuddled until Catharine joined us ,who then proceeded to make breakfast for her little sister and herself. Emily got up when Charlie arrived at about ten in the morning. Charlie spent almost the whole day with us and what lovely is she is so good with Lucy. She was helping us with Lucy's toilet training and taking her upstairs to use the potty. The all had a grand time playing together.


For Sunday lunch we had Roast Beef with all the trimmings. It was a lovely joint of meat being both tender and tasty and it made change from chicken which we seemed to have had a lot of recently. Everyone enjoyed their meal and I haven't seen so many clean plates in ages. Unfortunately however we had a late lunch and as soon as we had finished I had to rush Lucy back to Oakham so there wasn't any time for her to play after her meal.


With Lucy back in Oakham, Catherine went out on her bicycle to see her friends before her extra maths lesson while Charlie and Emily settled down to play on the X Box 360 together. Catherine is doing really well with the one to one maths lesson and her speed at doing calculations is increasing as is her confidence. It is just what she need to boast her marks at school. With the maths lesson out of the way we all had dinner before the Emily and Catherine settled down to watch TV before bedtime. 


As always the weekend we have with Lucy pass to quickly and are all too soon over. I miss Lucy when she not about and I'm glad I only have to do this with Lucy and not Emily and Catherine as well. I really feel sometimes for Abigail who in the position of seeing Emily, Catherine and William virtually every other weekend. I just glad I can give her longer in the holidays to see them now and I hope she enjoys her Christmas with them both. I know someone who partner fabricated a lot of lies to get the kids and now it seems likely that he will never seem them although all he wants to be is a father too them, that must be the worse position in the world to be in. At least that I get to see a lot of Lucy, however much I miss her. 

No comments: