Monday, 2 May 2011
Artist of the Week - David Gilmour
Well this is where I show my age, but when you are talking about a guitar legend then I have no problem with that. This weeks artist of the week is David Gilmour the lead guitarist of Pink Floyd. One of the greatest guitarist of our times that has produced so many greats.
Well as you can imagine I first heard him playing with Pink Floyd. It was the music my elder peers would listen to as I was growing up. I just thought at the time it was old hat at the time, but as I got towards their age I realised there was something more than magical about the band. Latter as my ear became more refined I started to understand and appreciate what a great guitarist was. He has everything and his skill is amazing.
I'm not sure what you can say about David Gilmour that people don't already know, but let's give it a go. David Gilmour is an English rock musician who was born back in 1946. He is known best as being the lead guitarist of the band Pink Floyd. And the the rest is history which can read on Wikipedia. If you read it you will realise what an amazing artist he is and nice guy to boot.
I just hope that the tasters I have given you here shows this mans skill. I think they do. I have a lot of passion in my soul and music brings it to life for me. It is why music is so important to me. I love music and I love what this man is able do with a guitar. I hope you do too even if his music isn't to your taste. Great music is great music and if it makes you feel alive it is worth listening too, and if it makes you feel passionate what more could you want.
Finnally have you noticed all the clips I have picked are live. That is for a reason. Any performer that is as good live as they are on record are the ones worth listening too. I could have posted so may great clips of this man all of them live.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment