Friday, 13 May 2011
Lunch Out
A rather shorter post than than normal due to the problems with Blogger. I just haven't been able to write it as the day goes on or even make any notes, but given it really only a half day with Lucy we can skip through the morning which followed the usual pattern it has for the last few weeks. Emily and Catherine going to school, and today, just relaxing before noon when we picked up Lucy.
As always I got a lovely hello from Lucy when I got her from nursery and it was so nice to see her again. As we walked back from the car she was telling me how she was going to get a big toy if she didn't have her dummy at night and how her baby cousin could have all dummies and how he would have loads. I must admit to having to check this story out with her mummy, as she hadn't sent me a text me about it. Which is normal whenever she wants something or has something to tell me.
Today we headed out for lunch and although the weather wasn't as wonderful as it has been it was nice enough to eat lunch while sitting in the car looking at the lovely countryside that Rutland has to offer. One of my favorite spots is Eyebrook reservoir, and that is were we headed today. It is lovely there watching the fishermen on the water trying to catch trout, the swans swimming around and diving for food and just looking at the fields that go down to the waters edge and the shadows cast by the clouds as they travel overhead. I can't think of a more relaxing place to eat. It is charming and so pretty. I just love the way Lucy thinks it is the sea. When she said that I made a mental note that we should take them all to the seaside this year if money allows.
After lunch we went home for a while to get Lucy changed and have a nice cup of coffee while she played. I'm not sure what she had been doing at nursery but she managed to get herself really dirty which is unusual for Lucy. She is normally quite clean looking but not today. I just hope she enjoyed what made her dirty, after all you are only three once and clothes can be washed, and isn't that just part of the fun of being young.
After a while we had to pop out to the supermarket to get some food in for dinner and cereal breakfast tomorrow morning. We had great fun in the shop especially after we had reached the checkout only to discover I had forgotten something. Lucy just loved flying down the aisle in the trolly with the wind in her hair as we rushed to and from the checkout to pick up the missing item. Thankfully we didn't hold anyone up and made it back just as the person before us was paying.
With mission accomplished at the supermarket it was back home to see Emily and Catherine who were coming home from school. Lucy gave them a big hug and soon they were all playing around the house before Catherine and Lucy went off to the park together hand in hand while I started on cleaning up the kitchen and the cooker which need a bit of a clean. After a while Emily went off to find them and just as I was done cleaning off all the sides they all returned with time to spare as I started cooking dinner.
After dinner there was time to play before Lucy's bedtime routine kicked in and then with two stories Catherine and one from me it was time for her final cuddles and kisses before she fell asleep. She been a real dream today and I just hope her dreams are as good as she has been. There have been moments but nothing much to complain about. She has been real fun as always and a pleasure to be with as they all are. I just hope the cough that has been developing all day doesn't keep her awake.
With Lucy in bed Emily and Catherine got on with there own thing. Catherine watched Eastenders, she becoming a real fan, and Emily did her homework for Monday so she has the weekend clear. I'm glad she isn't doing her homework last thing and she is learning to get it out of the way before she starts having fun. It is the best way to do things. This and the other things they did together took them nicely off to bedtime and the adult time began.
It been lovely to see Lucy. I really treasure the times they are all here together and I love the way Lucy looks forward to staying her with her big sisters. I will always feel sorry for her that she can't see all her sisters at the same time. I'm sure she would love that but there is nothing I can do about that. All I can do is make sure she has a nice time while she is here and continues to look forward to coming to see us all. I can't wait until tomorrow when she wakes up and we all I hope we have another day of fun. Let us hope the weather is kind.
No comments:
Post a Comment