Monday, 30 May 2011
Artist of the Week - Pulp
I was just messing about looking at things on the web and I came across the first video of the three presented here. It was seeing them play live again that finalised my choice of artist of the week, who this week are the band Pulp.
Pulp are just one of those bands you come across in your life because they are in charts. I first heard them on the radio and loved them. It wasn't long after hearing them that I brought my first Pulp CD, back in the days when that was the main way of listening to music. Shortly after I got a second CD. The band at the time made a big impression on me.
Pulp are an English band who formed back in 1978 as a alternative rock group. Struggling to find success though the 1980's they eventually made it big in the mid 1990's with the release of the album "His n' Hers" and the follow up album "Different Class". The band went on to be major players in the Britpop movement and won an number of awards. Their last album was called "We Love Life" and it was released 2001. Nothing has come from the band since. It was announced last year that the band will return to live playing this year but no tour dates have been announced yet.
I'm really looking forward to listening to them again after all this time. It been a while. There something nice listening to old music again and all the memories that it can bring back from the past. Pulp is one of those bands that has happy memories associated with it. I hope if you listened to the music when it first came out it brings the same happy memories for you and if it is your first time you have heard them just enjoy.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment