Sunday, 1 May 2011

May Day

May has started off as April ended with a lovely sunny day. Thankfully the wind predicted in the weather forecast was no more than a breeze when I ventured outside first thing in the morning. Although not as warm as it has been it was a lovely day weather wise given the time of year. 


First up this morning was Catherine. She must be getting use to Emily's alarm because it was about the same time that is set for she woke. According to Catherine she just lay in bed until she heard Lucy wake and then went off into her room to read her some stories. It was at about quarter to eight that I heard a little person knock on the door wanting her breakfast. So I got up to joined them and as usual the first thing Lucy said was it was sunny, and when I opened the blinds she was right. It was a lovely morning.

As soon as they both got downstairs Catherine turned the television on for Lucy and after I got back from making my coffee they were both snuggled up together in the chair. I did take a picture but it came out blurred in the low light. It would have made a nice addition to the blog. Anyway it wasn't long after I finished my coffee that the requests for breakfast returned in and soon they were at the table eating together before Lucy carried on her food delivery game on her toy car from yesterday.


When Emily got up we discovered why Catherine had woken up so early, it turned out that Emily's alarm had gone off. She normally gets up at half past six in the morning to get ready for school and head for Charlie's. Anyway as soon as she got downstairs she headed into the family room to find Lucy and they played together before I got Lucy dressed and Emily and Catherine took her down to the park in the village. Just for fun I gave them an old camera that I bought at the Argos discount warehouse in Corby a few years ago for Lucy to take some pictures with, while giving my camera to Catherine to use.

By all accounts they had a great time in the park. Lucy's pictures didn't turn out too good but I guess that was to be expected. Give her time we will get her shooting like a pro once we can stop her finger covering the lens. As for enjoying herself, according to Lucy, she had fun on the slide and the rope bridge and loved chasing Emily and Catherine around the park. The rest of what she did she had forgot by the time she got home. All in all, they were out for about forty five minutes or so playing in the sun together. 


When they got home we set off for a quick trip to the supermarket to pick up something for lunch. Everyone wanted something different from what we had planned and so a compromise was needed and that meant popping out. In the end instead of a cooked meal we ended up with sandwiches which I guess was easier to prepare and quicker to eat. 

After lunch the all the girls played together inside and outside the house generally having fun until it was time to get Lucy ready to go back to Oakham. Since she didn't have a bath last night we gave her a bath and did her hair before she went home so she was all nice and clean. We washed her hair, I got her dressed, did her nails and Emily dried her hair. She looked really lovely when she left. Her hair was straight but not too straight that she still had a hint of her lovely curls. 


With her all ready she played in her bedroom for the last few minutes while I gathered her stuff together. After a kiss and cuddle from her sisters we both headed out to the car with some sweets she took a fancy to in her hand. The drive back to Oakham was lovely and we chatted as we went. I made her promise to be good and told her to have fun. All to soon I was I was heading back home again, smiling at all funny things that had happened over the weekend.

The rest of the afternoon has been quiet, as it always is after Lucy left. Emily and Catherine went back to doing there on separate things. Emily was in Lucy's room chatting to friends and watching television on the computer while Catherine took over the family room for herself with George. I don't think they felt like going out and enjoying the sun. Catherine was just too tired and I think Emily just wanted a rest from socialising, something she is doing more of now she is getting older. Shame really it was lovely and clear for most of the day.

For dinner Catherine at last got one of her favorite meals, chilli con carne. She can never have it as hot as she likes it or as hot as she use to have it, because  everyone else, other than me. complains too much. All the same she loved it and there was hardly any left on anyones plate so I must be doing something right on the cooking front. I still think if I up the heat in stages we might approach how Catherine likes it at some point. It's just a question of getting everyone use to the heat which to my mind leaves you just wanting more. 

With Dinner out of the way both Emily and Catherine went back to what they were doing before. Emily was playing a game she likes and Catherine watched a DVD on the television. This took them both up to bedtime and soon they fell asleep, ready for another day off school tomorrow.

I love having Lucy here and all the girls together. I wish now, given what happened last time Lucy was here for the weekend that I had arranged the extra night differently. It would be lovely to be waking up in the morning knowing they were altogether. It has been a nice weekend despite some of the things that have happened, but I'm a optimist and I think good will come if you wait long enough. From every low comes a high. Things have to get better.

No comments: