Saturday, 30 April 2011
Sunny but Windy
It was a lovely start to the day and I woke up in a great mood. I was first up and the sun was shining as I made my coffee. Even little Lucy was still asleep as I sat down to drink my coffee. I had great plans for the day. There was cleaning to be done, children to play with and many other things to do. In the end the morning was a complete waste of time as far getting anything done was concerned. I guess just one of those things that happens from time to time.
Lucy woke up about ten minutes after me. She must have heard me moving about and she was soon calling my name. I went up to her and she gave me the biggest smile which only got bigger when I opened the blinds and the sun streamed into her room. Gathering her things we went downstairs and sat down to watch some television together as we both woke up only to be joined by Catherine who sat down with Lucy.
After breakfast everyone else appeared and Emily and Lucy went off to her bedroom to play together, while Catherine went into Oakham to spend the day with her friend. I didn't see either of them for ages. All I could hear is that they were having a great time together. Playing with the dolls house, on the keyboard and the computer together. It was nice to know they were having fun together, until just before lunch when I started playing postman with Lucy.
Before lunch we popped out to the supermarket to get some food for the day after agreeing a menu for the day. For lunch, pizza, and a roast for dinner to save the rush of cooking a Sunday roast. It is best to maximize the use of all the time with Lucy when it is limited. Everyone had fun shopping and Lucy and we got some chocolate and cream cakes for pudding after a lunch.
I cooked the pizza's as soon as I got in. Everyone was hungry after their shop and food was need as soon as possible to feed those empty tummy's. Emily and Lucy had these in the family room before going up to Lucy's room to play. Their is one big advantage of having the computer Emily has been using in Lucy's room. Lucy just goes up and plays around her when she is up there. Emily in return plays her music and videos.
Over the course of the afternoon you could hear them dancing and generally have fun together both on the computer and the keyboard. Good thing is that it doesn't stop her coming downstairs either. She just comes down when she wants to and gives me a hug and sits with me before returning to her room. This is something that could be a big bonus when I'm cooking and I don't want to be watching for little fingers getting to near the cooker.
Soon it became time to get Catherine form Oakham. We were meeting her in one of the small parks in Oakham so it was an ideal opportunity to take Lucy to the park at the same time. Lucy loves getting out and about and she just loves the park. The things they have are just the right age to give her the challenge she needs. What is really encouraging is that she doesn't need much encouragement to try new things. She just needs reassurance that she can do it. I just hope that stays with her as she grows up and she knows she can do anything she puts her mind too.
We all had a lovely time in the park. After playing on the slide and the other playthings we played shops with Lucy until Catharine's friends went home and she joined us. At one point Lucy was playing at being a take away food shop, and I introduced the idea of doing home deliveries. It was lovely having her food delivered. The service was second to none, but her prices were so high that you would have kept well away if her food wasn't so good. Is Lucy just working on something for later life? The bank of daddy has no money as Emily and Catherine know to well, despite what people outside the inner circle think!
When we all got home Lucy headed off to be with Catherine while I started cooking dinner. Today we had another garlic roast chicken, roast and boiled potatoes, carrots, green beens and stuffing. Lucy must have been missing Catherine because she didn't leave her side for the rest before and after dinner. Every time I looked to see what Lucy was up to while I was cooking I found her having fun with Catherine. Lucy must have been tired because at one point she fell asleep on Catherine and I had to gently wake her, although I did let her have about twenty minutes just to refresh her. I couldn't have her fallen asleep while she ate and I didn't want her to sleep so long she wouldn't sleep at night.
Everyone enjoyed their dinner and with that out of the way Lucy went off to play with Emily and Catherine in the family room before bed. Lucy didn't have a bath tonight, she was just too tired. I will give her a bath tomorrow before she goes back to get mummies. Instead of a bath I cleaned her up and tucked her up in bed for her stories. Followed of course by her cuddles from everyone before she fell alseep.
For the rest of the evening Emily and Catherine watched television together in the family room, enjoying some of there favorite programmes they watch with their mum in Leeds. We were all going to watch "Britain's Got Talent" but in the end we recorded it so we can watch it another evening when their isn't anything on all together in the living room. Eventually it was time for them both to go to bed and upstairs they trotted to the land of nod.
The morning might have been a waste of time for me personally, but by the end of the day things had got a lot better. What happened could have so easily have spoilt the mood for the whole day but in the end it didn't and for that I was grateful. All the days that I have the girls together mean so much to me. I don't want anything to spoil them when it doesn't have too.
No comments:
Post a Comment