Monday, 11 April 2011
Artist of the Week - Panic! at the Disco
After a weeks break Artist of the Week is back in it's Monday slot. This weeks artist of the week is the American Duo Panic! at the Disco.
They are a completely surprise find. I had never heard of them until Saturday morning when I turned on the radio to hear the track "The Ballad of Mona Lisa" playing on BBC Radio 1. I liked the song from the start and then when I heard it again if just grew on me. I knew I had to hear more of their music and went on a hunt on YouTube and the more I heard of their Music the more I liked them, until after a few days they have become the artist of the week.
Panic! at the Disco formed in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2004. The band has a number of genres which include pop punk, alternative rock, and baroque pop. Starting at high school they started doing demos and shortly after their graduation they released their first album "A Fever You Can't Sweat Out" which went double platinum after a slow start. As time went on they started to find critical success too. Getting nominated for a number of awards for their video work in particular. Their next two albums have enjoyed relatively good sales although not matching the success of their first album to date. This could be due to the fact that they have never settled down to a particular genera but time is on there side and as their music develops the should find their own place in the music industry and find the success they deserve for the creative talents.
I hope you enjoy Panic at the Disco, there is something for everyone in their music so I'm sure you find something to your taste. So until next week, have fun and enjoy the music.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment