Friday, 29 April 2011
A Royal Friday
Well with the weather being overcast it couldn't have been what the Royal couple wanted weather wise but I guess that would have been a passing thought. They must have been so busy with all that was going on and remembering all they had to do to worry about much else.
With the girls being at off school for the main event everyone had a lay in, accept me. Once again I didn't sleep well and found myself awake at just before twenty to six. I managed to lay in bed for a while and drift in and out of sleep but nothing meaningful sleep wise came along. At half past eight I gave up and went downstairs for a coffee to be joined by Catherine an hour later, before heading out to Oakham.
The pick up was rather different from normal but it didn't take away my own joy of seeing Lucy who instantly asked where big sisters where as we walked to the car. Soon we were heading back to Langham together with Lucy telling me her news since we last together, combined with a bit of singing.
When we got home everyone was up to greet her. It made her morning having everyone at the backdoor to see her in to the house, she loved all the attention. Once inside she started were she left off from the last time she was here. Out came the mousetrap game and Catherine was roped into playing with her until eleven when we all started watching the Royal Wedding together.
It was a lovely service and Westminster Abbey looked wonderful for the occasion. It was all quiet touching. I'm not sure what Lucy made of it she kept popping in and out of the living room, siting on my lap, watching a bit and then going off to play again. What was lovely was when the service ended and the couple left the church, not only did the sun come out in the village but the church bells erupted in to song. It was all rather magical and a fitting end to the whole affair.
Eventually we headed out to the supermarket to get some lunch. Just some stuff to make some sandwiches and a few bits and bobs we were short of. It was remarkably quiet still on the roads and the supermarket was nowhere as busy as you would expect it. I did think we would see more bunting and stuff around the town but it was like the council couldn't have cared less about the whole affair. Shame really when once these things were a time of mass celebration just for the fun of it. Guess we are too much in our own little boxes these days to care.
When we got home I made Lunch which everyone sat down eat together before they all went off to play for the afternoon. With the weather not being great we didn't bother going out anywhere all altogether, although Emily did go into Oakham to go to the fair with her friends. It was just a lazy afternoon, although we did pop to the shops again to get some sweets and just get out of the house for a while when we drop Emily off in town.
Just before dinner we went back to get Emily. She really enjoyed the fair and had a great time with her friends. She especially loved the bumper cars. Lucy meanwhile was pleased to have her back. She had been missing her and kept asking when she was coming home.
When I got home I got dinner on. It was more like an indoor barbecue, in that we had barbecue food but cooked in the oven and the grill. The weather really wasn't up to a full blown barbecue to celebrate the Royal Wedding. It didn't seem to matter as everyone enjoyed there dinner and George got a treat with the leftover cooked meat, although it does seem to have given him wind!
With dinner out of the way there was time for Lucy to play before she headed upstairs to the land of nod. Everyone took part in the story reading tonight and once again she loved all the attention, milking it for all it was worth. I had to clear the bedroom to get her to settle down and after a few soft words in her ear she gently fell asleep after her kisses and cuddles that I always give her before she goes to sleep.
It's been a nice day despite my lack of sleep and waking at such a silly time for no apparent reason. I guess it is just one of those unexplained things that happens. Today it was like someone was watching me which was rather bizarre especially when I woke up. Anyway, I loved the romance of the Royal Wedding, call me a big softy if you like but the look in their eyes when they said their vowels was magical, as was the smile on there face. I know that feeling and I just hope it will last for them.

No comments:
Post a Comment