Friday, 22 April 2011

Good Friday

Another fine start to the day and a day I had been waiting for since last weekend. The day that Lucy would reunited with Emily and Catherine and I would have them altogether again. And what a lovely day for it to happen. You couldn't ask for nicer weather.


For some reason I didn't sleep that well, but then again I don't sleep as much as I use to anyway, haven't for a couple of years. This morning I woke at six and really didn't get back off, drifting in and out of sleep. In the end I gave got up still tired and made a coffee and read the news on the computer. As always Catherine was of the children to be up first and that was soon followed by Emily who just made it out of bed before I left for Oakham.

The traffic was light on the way to get Lucy and the pick up was rather swift. As we travelled home we chatted and she was telling me she had been staying in Leicester since early in the week and all the things she had been up to that were important to her including her upset tummy. It was nice to see her again after missing out last time.


When I got home with Lucy, I was amazed by the reception she got from Emily and Catherine. They were so pleased to see her and scooped her up and gave her massive hugs.  For the first half an hour Lucy was so excited she just rushed from person to person. Not knowing who to play with. Eventually she settled down after she was changed and started playing with her dolls house with Emily in her bedroom for a while before Catherine spirited her away to play with her.

Before lunch we all popped to the supermarket together to get some supplies for the day. When we got there it seemed that the whole of Oakham was there doing their shopping. The supermarket was really busy but that didn't stop us having fun as we went round the shop. It wasn't until we reached the checkout after for queueing ages that we discovered the most rudest people I have ever founding shopping in Oakham. 


What they had decided to do is send one person into the queue with a basket full of shopping and then continue shopping. Just as we put our shopping on the belt the first woman turned up with a trolly full of food to be followed by another older woman with another trolly full. I couldn't believe the cheek of it. It was so rude and made worse when the older woman who had gone off to get some more things after dumping her trolly. She then decided to push me and the children out of the way with our trolly to get back to her family. She didn't even say sorry or anything. The older woman was the rudest person I have ever met and I hope I never have to met her like again.

For lunch we had some nice ham sandwiches and crisps. The girls ate these in the family room while they chatted away to each other and generally had a nice time. It was nice to hear them all having fun while they ate. I miss the noise of the children when they are not about. It just takes one of them to be away for whatever reason and the dynamics of the place changes. That is not always a bad thing but it is something you miss.



After lunch we headed out to Oakham to the park. The temperature at this point was approaching twenty three degree and it reached twenty four by the time we got into the park itself. It really was amazing weather for the time of year. All three of them had a lovely time in the park together. Catherine was pushing Lucy on the swing and playing the playground  with her while Emily talked to her friends that were there. Lucy joined them all at one point and sat on Emily's lap and joined in the fun her big sister was having. To get out of the heat we popped into the church for a bit. It is always cool in churches and Lucy found the toys and was soon playing with the cooker and making us cups of tea and food. After we cooled off we all went outside for one final play in the park before we headed home again.

The rest of the afternoon was spend avoiding the heat outside. The temperature peeked at twenty six and Lucy being so young it was best that she got some respite from the heat. It didn't stop her going outside but at least the garden is shady under the tree in the afternoon. At one point she was outside drawing with Catherine who I have discovered really might have an eye for design. All in all they had a smashing afternoon together.



As they played I cooked dinner, nothing special just something quick and tasty. Everyone ate together at the table and it was nice to have everyone round back round the table eating and for there was no rush. We all just took our time and they was loads of time for play before Lucy left and the Emily and Catherine got ready to go to Leeds.

I love the way we both make the trip back happy and positive. It is nice to sum up Lucy's day and ask if she has had fun. She always say's yes which makes me feel positive about the whole going back to Oakham thing. The drop off was even swifter than the pick up. I was glad that her mummy had decided to return to Oakham so I could see her. It seemed like the day was never going to happen from what had been said. I really don't have the money to drive to Leicester and back, especially twice in one day. I haven't a clue how we will sort this out things being the way they are and petrol costing so much.

All there was left to do when I got home was to head out again. This time with Emily and Catherine in the car to take them to see their mum. She has them slightly longer this weekend with it being Easter and I will miss them on Monday. I have hardly seen them this holiday but I know they will have had a great time all the same.

I had a great time with all the girls and I can't wait until they are altogether again. I particularly looking forward to the weekend of the Royal wedding which will in a little way make up for the last weekend when they weren't all at home together. The one thing I did feel today was very frustrated. I can't get my message across effectively. It just left me feeling moody all day and it didn't get any better as the day went on.  Sometimes I just feel like people aren't listening and I just don't know what to do about it or how to make myself noticed. Lets hope lit passes with the coming of a new day.

No comments: