Friday, 8 April 2011
More like Summer
There is not more you could ask for of the weather for the time of year and since Wedensday we have been blessed by glorious sunshine that wouldn't be out of place on a late summers day. Better still it looks set to continue into the weekend to give us a feeling of what the summer is going to be like when it arrives in a few months time. It was to this lovely weather I woke up and to the tulips basking in the sun in the front garden.
It was the last day of school for Emily and Catherine. Emily got up first and got herself ready and off to Charlie's before I got up with Catherine and made her breakfast. Soon she left for school and I was left with the rest of the morning to potter around the house doing a little tidying and a bit of work before the afternoon came and the fun began.
Just before noon I headed out to Oakham to pick up Lucy from nursery. I did wonder as I picked her up how many more times I would visit it the nursery. It seems such a shame to move her when she is now so settled and making friends. Anyway, when I got to the nursery I got the biggest of hugs as always and we walked hand in hand back to the car before heading to the supermarket.
As always we had loads of fun in the shop together getting all the things we need for the day. Lucy is an excellent little shopper and she is really good when it comes to picking the less expensive sweets now without compliant. With the shopping done we headed back home via the old canal to see if the swans were there.
When we arrived at the canal the swans were nowhere to be seen, but all the same we got out to have a look just in case they were there. We started looking on the Oakham side of the canal but after walking down the old tow path it was clear, unless they were right at the end, they weren't that side of the bridge. It was when we were walking back that we saw the swans the other side of the bridge. Soon we were all walking down the other side of the canal with Lucy and myself reaching the swans first.
The swans are really beautiful and the female is particularly friendly. She came over to the bank and was easily within touching distance. I told Lucy to be careful because they can bite but I don't think there was any danger given how friendly she was the year before. It is the male you have to watch and he was further down the canal and not attempting to approach and in the end searched nearer the bridge. Lucy seem to be amazed at seeing the female sawn and asked were it's babies were and I explained it was too early yet and we can come again to see them when they were sitting on the nest, when the weather was fine.
When we eventually got home we were welcomed by George and his waging tail. Pleased as always when people come home especially so if Lucy is one the people returning. Lucy then grabbed a milk as I made everyone some lunch. Just sandwiches today given the weather. Quick and easy being the order of the day.
The afternoon was spent playing inside and out with the occasionally bit of watching DVD's. Lucy cough is still bad and will be glad to see the back of and I bet Lucy feels the same. It has all been going on for rather to long for my liking. I'm still concerned she isn't getting as much sleep as she should despite knowing she will be going to bad at the same time she always does. I just feel it might be waking her in the night and that is making her tired at times.
It never seems long between getting Lucy and Catherine and Emily coming home these days and it wasn't long before Lucy was welcoming Catherine into the house. We headed out to the park in Langham to play in the sunshine. It was really lovely as walked. It was more like summer than spring.
When we got to the park both girls were in there element playing together and following each other around chatting. It was lovely to see and soon we joined by Emily who had discovered where we were. I hope the way they played together will be repeated time and time again over the summer. They all had a grand time before we headed home again.
Once at home gain I got on with Lucy's dinner. She had it on her own tonight as Emily and Catherine are staying the weekend as their mum as a party to go to. Lucy didn't seem to mind to much and quickly ate her food before going upstairs to find them to carry on with her play before getting ready to return to her mummies.
With Lucy gone Emily and Catherine did there own thing and made plans for the weekend. Catherine was off out with her friends to go to town and Emily was going to fair. They are so grown up now. They are starting to get there own lives outside the family.
I have great day with them all and the weather has been more than you could ask for. I was offered an extra day with lucy and I wish given the weather forecast I had taken the offer but that would have been so so selfish. Her mother and her sister need to see her too and with weather set for them to have fun in the sun, I was happy with my decision. We had our day and it was lovely despite the odd hip cup along the way and I hope Lucy has a grand weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment