Tuesday, 12 April 2011
Just Lucy
With no school or Emily and Catherine there was a chance of staying in bed a little bit longer than normal. Although I thought when I went to bed I would take advantage of it my body said differently and I ended up waking at the usual time only to toss and turn until the alarm went off. Not sure why other than the thought I didn't want to get up late and miss a single minute with Lucy.
After the lovely weather of the last five days or so the weather has returned to it's sessional norms. It was rather cloudy with occasional glimpses of the sun to make you think it might turn into a nice day but it never quiet did. All the same with careful planning we managed to make the most of the sunshine and avoid the more cloudy bits of the day.
I picked up Lucy from her mummies at ten and with Emily and Catherine away it meant Lucy had me all to herself for the day. I really miss the other two when they are not here, but having Lucy on her own is lovely too. In any case with them all being here for the weekend and having Lucy an extra night it will make up for not having them altogether.
When we got home we got a warm welcome from George and I got Lucy changed so she didn't spoil her lovely clothes by getting them dirty. She has a lovely pair of Peppa Pig pumps at the moment and the last thing I want to do to them is get mud all over them while she is playing out. I would hate for her to spoil them around the village. It wasn't long before we where heading out the door again. This time for a walk around the village.
We headed towards the church to start with. Just to have a look at the flowers and have a play in the church. The daffodils are past their prime now but the tulips, like the ones in the garden at home, look lovely, but all the same the place looked wonderful. There is something special about the place you can't quite put your finger on. Once inside we discovered that the church is being spring cleaned. All the wood work is being cleaned and deep polished for the coming year. It was quiet strange to see the church undressed, so to speak, and things moved around. I guess you get use to the order of the place.
Anyway it didn't stop us having fun. When we got inside there was nobody there and so we had a play of the piano that had been moved to the front of the church. I showed Lucy how to play a simple scale and she managed to repeat it. I was most impressed. Then we started wandering around and making up games until one of the cleaners arrived. She was really nice and we chatted to her for a while. She suggested Lucy write in the guest book until I pointed out she was only three, although Lucy seemed more than keen to give it a go. After a while we head out of the church and of towards the park down the path we had discovered the other day.
When we got to the park Lucy headed straight for the slide followed by the rope bridge. She is really getting good at the rope bridge now and can turn herself around on it so she change direction. Her confidence just grows and grows in her physical ability. Last time she was walking up the planks on the trim trial and soon she will be confident enough to get all the way to the wooden pole. The rate at which she is developing and learning now is amazing. She had great fun in the park and i just loved being out with her. If it wasn't for the cold wind when the sun went behind the clouds I would have been happy to stay out longer. In the end I decided we better head home out of the cold.
Once home Lucy went off to play in the family room and after a coffee I joined her to join in her games. That took us nicely up to just before lunch when we all headed out to the supermarket to get some food. This was a quick trip and soon we were home again and I made making lunch for everyone.
Lucy had a grand afternoon. Probably the highlight of which for Lucy was watching videos on the computer. It was nice to just sit and watch Lucy enjoying herself. I guess you get so involved in the play yourself most of the time you forget to observe what is going on. She also played, rode her bike and watch Wallace and Gromit which she loves. All this took us nicely up to dinner time.
Without Emily and Catherine dinner was a quiet affair. Gone was the chatting and banter that you normally hear from the dinning table. I do miss having them altogether but it couldn't be helped. With the miss match in school holidays between different counties I needed them to go away so I could carry on working. A far from ideal situation that has happened twice in the past two years. I just wish they could standardize the school holidays across the county. Any way after dinner we all played for a while before I got Lucy ready and returned her to Oakham.
It has been a lovely day with Lucy and despite missing Emily and Catherine and I have had a good day. It was lovely walking round the village with her and enjoying the sunshine when it graced us, although I can't wait to have them altogether again. Until then I will make the most of having Lucy and I really looking forward to the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment