Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Quiet Day

Well with all the excitement of the weekend this has been a really quiet day. Being a tuesday Lucy would normally have been here all day. That got reduced from ten until half past two when Lucy's mummy decided she want to take her doctors rather than me taking her as planned. In the end that didn't even happen as Lucy had an upset stomach and her mummy wanted her to stay at home to confine the illness.


It was such a shame she was poorly and Emily and Catherine were so disappointed not see their sister. It was all made worse by the lovely weather and the plans they had for her to enjoy it the night before. In the end it turned out to be a really quiet and subdued day. With people just sitting round the house waiting for a day that really didn't start until late afternoon. When eventually they were persuaded by Charlie to play out and off they all went around the village for the afternoon. At one point they did make an appearance to fill up with food and I suggested a trip to the railway museum only to discover it there wasn't time look round before it closed. So that will have to wait for another day.

It just before dinner time that Emily came to ask me if Charlie could sleep over. Given their disappointment I guess it was the right thing to do have here stay. At least it would brighten up a dull day and provide an exciting end to the day at least. With Charlie here things are always lively.

After dinner they all settled down in the family room which they had all cleaned as part of the bargain of having Charlie to stay. I must say they did a grand job of it on the whole. The floor was lovely and clean and all the toys that Lucy had got out and forgot to put away the day before were back in their boxes ready to play with when she comes again. It was nice see them all getting on. Charlie sometimes doesn't work in threes but this evening everything went wonderfully until bedtime when Charlie started missing her mum and eventually had to go home, but at least she tried.

It was such a shame that Lucy was unwell and the sleep over never really happened. I was really looking forward to see Lucy with Emily and Catherine again. I love having them all of them together. It is so much fun and the house feels like it is alive with the sound of laughter. On the positive side it seems that Lucy was much better by mid afternoon. I get these feeling sometimes about the people I care for and today Lucy felt far away, not sure what that is about. Just one of the strange things that happens, I guess. Oh well, we have a special treat for Emily and Catherine to make up for today.

No comments: