Monday, 23 May 2011

Artist of the Week - Muse

Sometimes I feel I have an amazing power for the things I feel passionate about, I know what I love and I that love is part of my soul. This version of "Feeling Good" connects me with that raw power that makes me who I am and drives me. It makes me want to achieve the impossible just because the impossible can be had if you reach out and grab it. It the same feeling I get about things like acting which I'm still so passionate about. It is that which makes the Muse the perfect choice of "Artist of the Week" and it is what connected me with this band. The song is amazing in it's raw energy. I love it.


I'm not sure where or when I first came across the Muse. They sort of appeared from nowhere and they just became part of my play list. Once on the play list they have always remained firmly on my iPod. There is just something about them that makes you not get fed up with music and you can play it again and again. Like I said the power behind their music is amazing.


The Muse are an English rock band. Formed in 1994 the band is made up from a group of school friends. They are well know for their energetic live performance which encompass a varied music genres from progressive rock to classical music. They recorded their first album Showbiz in 1999, which despite being published on the recording studios own labile managed to go Gold in the UK. The real success however started with there second album, Origin of Symmetry, which went Platinum in both the UK and Australia. A feat repeated for all the other three albums that have followed it, all of which have been number one in the album charts. They are not without critical success either having won a number of awards over the years, all of which have been well deserved.


Well I hope you enjoy listening to the Muse and you check out their live music as well as they album tracks. They are really worth listening to and I know I am  looking forward hearing them when as I drive to work this week. I hope you do to however and whenever you have time to sink yourself into music.

Finally looking at these clips wants me want to return to Glastobury again. Just to be part of that experience again. I love live music and especially good live music. I was there once and I will be there again. I just hope when I get there I get to see someone as good as the Muse live.

No comments: