Friday, 27 May 2011

Mixed Bag

It been a mixed bag weather wise. A real mixture of sun, cloud combined with a northerly wind which kept the temperatures down to the middle teens despite the time of year. I no there hasn't been much rain and we need some but if it going to dry I would rather have it a big warmer than it has been over the last few days. I guess it just typical weather you get for the start of the first test match. 


The morning was like any other really. Emily and Catherine going off to school and me pottering around the house. Nothing special really just a run of the mill start to the day just like many more before it. The mornings are like waiting for a train, there isn't much to do until the train arrives. Anyway that took me up to noon, when I headed out to get Lucy from nursery. 

Lucy was in fine form when I got to nursery and as soon as she saw me she was at the gate waiting to be let out. After a cuddle she got her coat on, put her bag on her back and we were heading to the car chatting. The first thing to do was a quick trip to the supermarket, via the house to pick up my bankers card. There wasn't time to find it before we headed out of the house.

It was as we were heading back to the house that Lucy remembered she had taken one of her babies to nursery. She was really upset so we made another diversion to pick it up, unfortunately while it was there it lost an arm, but she didn't seem to mind much except she thought her mummy would be cross and her face dropped a bit. I told her we could sew it back on and that cheered her up and her mummy would understand. So with baby and arm we continued on to the supermarket. As is becoming the norm she was really helpful in the shop but once again shy of the check person that tried to engage her. It was on the way home she realized she had the wrong baby, hers had blue eyes and this one had brown eyes. She didn't seem to want to get hers and said she would get it next time and look after the poorly one for until she could get it.


Once we got home I made some sandwiches for lunch and we sat down in the living room to eat. It was nice to have her home again. We weren't in the house for long and after a coffee and a bit of general cleaning we were off out again. This time the destination was the garden centre in Ashwell. Lucy and myself had a good look around and play outside in the garden area before going to the shops. 

First there were the fish to hunt for in the fish pond. They weren't really playing the coming out game in the cold weather, instead they were deep in the water. Eventually however a few managed to come to the surface much to Lucy's delight. After much pointing and say fish we went in search any other fun that could be had. Unfortunately someone has taken the golf club and the balls for the potting green, so playing with them was out, however this didn't stop Lucy. She found a large round stone and was soon rolling into the holes and when it went in cheering for all she was worth. 

As soon as we finished there we headed back in to Oakham to the other supermarket to see had any of things I couldn't get at Tescos. The CoOp is far better stocked, but the prices are a bit higher, however saying that, in the case of the meat it is worth it if you have a decent income as the quality of the food is much better. I just wish I could afford to shop there, but I can't. With the shopping was over quickly we were soon heading home again to see Catherine who should have just got home from school.


As soon as we got back Lucy headed off upstairs to find Catherine. In fact she sort creeped up trying to surprise her, which wasn't easy with hiccups. Soon all you could hear was the sound of them having fun upstairs. In this case a lot of bouncing noise from a mattress that was on the floor that Lucy was bouncing on. When they eventually came downstairs they both went into the garden to play, and as they played shops I got on with hovering and generally tidying up Lucy's room. It gets used for all kinds of things while she is away including as a room to dry the washing in. When I got downstairs Catherine was just leaving and Emily had arrived home. Catherine was having dinner at a friends so Emily had some time on her own with her little sister while I got our dinner on.

Tonight we had baked chicken breasts in butter, with fresh broccoli, carrots and baked potatoes. The food turned out to be lovely and everyone enjoyed it. It was nice to cook something everyone liked and it was relatively healthy. It was the first time I had cooked chicken that way with each individual breast in it's own little foil wrap with a nob of butter. It worked really well and kept the breast lovely and moist. The next thing to do is to add some herbs to the mix to add to some extra flavor. It will be interesting were this cooking method takes me cooking wise. I still love cooking and I believe the only way to do it and be successful is if you put love and passion into it.

With dinner out of the way and Catherine coming home to find out what she missed out on, the three sisters went off to play together. It was very noisy and excited play. I wanted to calm them down but they were all having so much fun it just seemed a shame to get in the way of there game. It was just lovely to hear all the laughter filling the house and the fits of giggles that could be heard from time to time. Maybe not what I wanted just before Lucy's bedtime but it all worked out fine in the end and all the energy Lucy spent will ensure she gets a good nights sleep.


Bedtime followed a set routine for Lucy we have for her now, except she needed a little time to calm down, just five minutes quiet time. She had managed to get herself a little hyper and need a little time away from her sisters just to centre herself. It worked a treat and soon she was nice and relaxed again.  

I think Lucy loves having her stories read by her sisters, she certainly gave Catherine the big thumbs up and as for Emily, well she virtually acts the stories out now complete with silly voices. It is just lovely watching her read to Lucy.  Of course, I read her the last story and with that done and kisses from everyone she cares about she fell straight to sleep while her bigger sisters watch some television together before joining her in the land of nod.

I have done what I wanted to do and kept my feeling about the move out of the day. There were moments, but I squashed them. I didn't want anything to spoil the day. I just wanted to make it fun for all of them. I just hope I achieved it as much as I could. I'm just looking to sort out the contact for later next month but that isn't going to happen until we find a communication channel that isn't just text. I don't have the money at the moment to buy text messages. To many other things need the cash other than the phone when there are free ways to communicate that are better, especially when they are only used for communicating with one person.

No comments: