Monday, 6 June 2011
Artist of the Week - Tracy Chapman
Completely inspired by Michael Collings perfomance of "Fast Car" on the final of Britain's Got Talent this week Artist of the Week is the one and only Tracy Chapman. Given the sentiments behind many of her songs I can compeletly understand why he sings her songs.
I was introduced to Tracy Chapman by a dear friend a few years ago and I almost instantly fell in love with the sound of her voice and her music. She really is one of those singers that stick in your head and I'm so grateful for that introduction. She is one of those artists you pull out of your collection now and again and simply sink in to the sound of their music. What she does is truly magical.
Tracy Chapman is an American singer-songwriter who is a multi-platinum and four-time Grammy Award-winning artist. She was born in Cleveland, Ohio and raised by her mother who recognized Tracy's love of music at an early age and encouraged her talent. By the age of eight she was playing the guitar and writing her own songs. This love of music never left her and while she was at college she began performing on the streets and one of her fellow students hearing her play encouraged her to sign her first record contract that resulted in the release of her first album. The first album won critical acclaim and from there her career just took off. Eight albums in she is still an amazing artist and one of the real greats. Her last album was released in 2008, and although no rumors have been circulated, we should be due a new one soon.
If you join me in listening to Tracy Chapman then I hope you enjoy her lovely soulful voice and melodic music just as much as I do. If you are like me you will find songs that touch your heart and have meaning in your life. She is that sort of artist that has the power to understand the deeper meaning of life. So until next week, enjoy this weeks artist of the week.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Artist of the Week,
Music,
Video
No comments:
Post a Comment