Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Money isn't everything

When I came out of my last relationship I had spent more money than I had to spend. I did this because I wanted to make that person happy and I wanted to be with the family for as long as possible. You might have guessed I love my family and I knew I could later turn that around but because the relationship broke up that never happened. It was just when I was getting interviews and I was leaving home everyday for work secure that financially things were getting better it went wrong.


May be one thing we have all heard is the expression that "money isn't everything" and that is so true, Just being able to love the people you love and having fun with them gives us the greatest happiness in life. I would rather be in a local park than sailing around the world on a ship. Although the idea of being on that ship is appealing there is nothing better than seeing the people you care for having fun together. It is that feeling those moments give you, that makes life worth living, despite all the pain it can cause you. Happiness doesn't come from outside it comes from inside our being and it is not born of money, but exists around us in our love of the things we care about with passion.

I think that it is this saying that keeps me going and that made realise that family is more important than money all those years ago. Things aren't easy now but I would rather be in the park, like I was on Tuesday than being a millionaire searching for happiness through spending money. I don't regret the past it just didn't workout as I expected and their was noway I knew what happened would happen.

[Picture Credit - http://www.the-experts.co.uk/]

No comments: