Friday, 17 June 2011

Wet, Busy and Quiet

Yet another day that the weather didn't live up to the time of year. So far the summer has been a bit of a non starter and the weather for the weekend doesn't look much better. Things I guess can only get better, but that could be said of a lot of things in my life at the moment.


I got up just as Emily was leaving for school to say goodbye and make sure she was alright. While I drank my coffee Catherine made herself some breakfast before getting her packed lunch and heading out the door to school. 

The morning was relatively quiet there wasn't very much to do. I read the news on the internet and caught up on some of the non family related posts on the blog. I know I still have last weekend posts to finish but I can't get motivated at the moment.


At noon we headed out to get Lucy as normal. I couldn't help thinking that this time next week it will be her last day there. They are a lovely nursery and I will be sad she is leaving. It has a lovely atmosphere and the staff seem so caring. I haven't got a clue where she is going to next. 

The welcome followed the usual patten of walking as fast as she could to the gate but instead of giving me a cuddle she went straight for her bag. Soon the reason for going into her bag became apparent when she took out a Fathers day card and proceeded to tell me it was my birthday. While the nursery worker corrected her, and before anyone could stop her, she open the card and gave it to me with a big smile. It was lovely to get a card from her and I gave her a big cuddle.


As we walked back to the car we chatted and once there I strapped her in and we headed out to the supermarket. All we had to get there was the food for the day. It that didn't take us long to do the shopping. As usual Lucy sat in the trolly and we all had fun zooming around the aisles collecting the food. Once at the checkout she helped me unpack the food and soon it was paid for, bagged and we were heading home, via the post office at Cottesmore to buy a stamp. 

When I got home I got on with making some gallic sausage and coleslaw sandwiches for lunch. Lucy loved the coleslaw and in the end ate the remainder of the pot after she finished most of her sandwiches. After she finished at the table it was straight off to find something to play with it and soon I was being asked to join in her games.


It was while we were playing that we took sometime out and, I sat and chatted to Lucy about her world and dreams. It is lovely listening to what they have to say. I remember filming Catherine doing the same thing when when she was young, it is just a shame that the video got lost along the way. Maybe I should do it with Lucy and post it here. Anyway it wasn't long before we started playing again before we went out again. This time our destination was the village post box to post a letter. As it was raining lightly the trip to the park was out so before we left Lucy suggested the church on the way back and I agreed. 

As we walked to the postbox we chatted and soon she was trying to get the letter in the box, but she just couldn't reach. In the end I had to picked her up and with a satisfying plop it feel into the near empty postbox. From the postbox you just have to cross the street to arrive at the church and soon we were out of the light rain. Once inside Lucy head straight for the piano and started to sing happy birthday while ordering me to sit and listen. Then she got me to play the tune to her and sing the song. It was all very lovely. Once we had done that for awhile she started lining up all the cushions in line on the one of pews  making patterns as he went. I just sat and watched but before she finished Catherine arrived to shouts of her name followed by cuddles. They set off playing hide and seek around the church and had a grand time before we set off home so I could cook dinner.


Once we got home I got on with cooking some Chicken Kiev's and fresh vegetables for dinner while Catherine and Lucy played and awaited Emily's return from school. As soon a Lucy heard the door go she was there and they the noise levels increased as they all started have fun together until I finished cooking when they all came to the table to eat.

After dinner there were a few minutes left for Lucy to play before she went back to back to Oakham. Soon these minutes past and after a short drive she was gone and we were on our way to Leeds with Emily and Catherine.

It was nice to get a Fathers Day card from Lucy and I had a great time with the girls in general during the day. It was shame Lucy wasn't herself. She seemed a bit tired but other than that she said she had fun which is the main thing. I can't wait until I have them all again. I just wish I could see her on fathers day but I know that will never happen unless it one of the days I normally have her. I know that for a fact. That is just how it is.

No comments: