Thursday, 12 April 2012
Early Start
Today was a day I had been looking forward to, from the moment Lucy left last week. The chance for the girls to spend some more time together during the holidays and a extra sleep for Lucy, making a total of three for the long weekend.
The morning started early at six and I had little over thirty minutes to have a coffee, a shave and get out the door. The reason for the early start was to pick up Lucy from her mummies before she went to work. It was misty drive to the city and making it all the more oppressive in the dull light when I arrived. For once I was early and I waited a little while before going to pick up Lucy. It was a lovely to see Lucy again, and after wishing her mummy a good day at work and weekend, we set off back to the country. Along the way we stopped briefly to look at a field of sheep and their baby lambs as well as admire the misty landscape. Before we got home we had one other place to go to, the supermarket to pick up some food for a few days. As always it was a delight to go shopping with Lucy.
With the shopping done we returned home. I can't tell you how nice to be home again and to have Lucy with me, better still the early start meant most of the morning was free to get on with the important task of having fun. As soon as we got home she let George out of his cage to say hello, while I made a coffee and put her stuff in her bedroom. As soon as I had finished my coffee we headed out to the village park, allowing Emily and Catherine to sleep in without being woken up by Lucy and myself playing. Wrapped up warm and with Lucy on her scooter we set off to have some fun.
Lucy just loves going to the park, and having her scooter with her means she gets to play on the skate board ramp. Like last time she had great fun scooting around and around, using the ramp to give her a little extra bit of speed as she did a gentle turn on it. She really has got the hang of it now. In the end we moved back to the main play area at the other end of the park after she had shown off her climbing skills in the shelter near the skate board ramp. Once there she had played on the swings and I tried to teach how to use the big girls swings on her own, before moving off to the trim trial and the slide.
On the way home we popped into the church, on Lucy's request. It is another place she loves in the village, mainly because it is place she can play and be free. I always think that if there is a God, then he would want his churches to be alive and places of joy, well Lucy certainly brings to joy to the people who love her so she fits in with those idea's. Once inside she played on the piano, pretended to be the vicar while I played the part of the congregation and then there were the toys to play with.
On the way I pointed at the Post Office sign outside the village hall which is open on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. What amazed me was she remembered going to the Post Office ages ago and wanted go inside and have a look. So in we went and she sure made the Post Master smile, it was just a shame I didn't have any money on me so we could stop for a drink at the community cafe that is run on the same days.
When we got home Emily and Catherine were both up and Lucy gave them each of them a massive welcome hug. It was lovely to watch. Soon Lucy was telling them about the things she had done before she last saw them as I got on with making everyone some food for lunch.
After lunch the girls played. Lucy roping the older two girls into all kinds of games. Eventually a tired looking Lucy decided with her sisters that they would love to watch a film. The film they picked was Ratatouille which Lucy had watched here for the first time not to long ago. Iy is a lovely film and they all enjoyed it and it made a nice break for them all.
The film took us nicely to dinner time and as it finished I got on with cooking the evening meal while all the girls amused themselves in the family room. After the dinner and that what is the "best thing that happened" game around the table, the girls carried on from where they left off until it was time for Lucy to go to bed. Given she had such an early start, it didn't take her long to fall to sleep after her kiss and cuddles from the people she loves. With Lucy in bed Emily and Catherine started chatting to friends on Facebook and sorting out what they were doing for the coming weekend. This took them nicely up to bedtime, and tired from the day they fell to sleep.
It was a long day but I loved every minute of it. It was great to get out into the village with Lucy in the morning and nice and relaxing watching a film in the afternoon. I just can't wait for tomorrow, when refreshed after a good nights sleep the fun starts all over again. It has been so lovely to have the girls together so soon and for so long over the holidays.

1 comment:
You always seem to have so much fun with your daughters.
Post a Comment