Monday, 28 March 2011

Artist of the Week - Kings of Leon

I'm not sure how I managed to miss out this band in this spot. I proud to say that the "Artist of the Week" spot this week is the one and only Kings of Leon.


I really noticed Kings of Leon about two years ago and their music has grown on me since. I love the lead singers slightly rough voice which when combined with their music gives the band a unique sounds that makes them stand out.As soon as you hear their voice you know who you are listening to straight away. They are that sort of band.


The band were formed back in Tennessee in 1999 by four members of the same family. Starting off singing and playing a blend of Southern rock and blues they have expanded their musical base to include an alternative rock sound which they have made their own. The Kings of Leon first found success in the UK with nine top forty singles and two BRIT awards in 2008 with all three of the bands albums charting in the top five. This success was followed towards the end of the same year with an equal level of success in USA. By the end of the year the band had made it both side of the Atlantic and in the years that have followed their fan base has just grown and grown until they are now a truly international band except in Reading. 


I know most of you will have heard Kings of Leon and if you have their albums and haven't listened to them for a while why not dust them off and stick them in the car and have a listen over the coming week.

No comments: