Friday, 25 March 2011
Spring is Here
Another fine day looked in store as the sun beamed down into the garden when I went out this morning fulfilling the promise of yesterdays sunset. I just wish everything could be as perfect as the weather was in the morning, but that is too much to ask for, all you can do is enjoy the beautiful things that come your way.
The morning started early with Emily getting up at seven and getting ready to go round to Charlie's to be taken to school. Thankfully now she is getting herself up and I can lay in bed until quarter past when I get up to make sure she is out the door on time. Catherine meanwhile stayed in bed until I heard her get up shortly after her alarm went off on her phone at eight. Soon she was dressed, downstairs and eating her breakfast before heading off to school.
In the morning I just got on with the stuff I needed to do. There wasn't anything of note that got done just the things you need to do plus the odd cup of coffee. I did a bit of work, a bit of relaxing and thinking, just a bit of everything really. It's nice when the house is quiet to just be and potter sometimes. All the same I still miss having Lucy in the mornings but she is growing up and I was thinking it won't be that long before she is in school. It is amazing how fast time flies by. You just have to look back in the blog to how much Lucy, Catherine and Emily have grown in the last 11 months or so.
At noon it was off out to pick up Lucy from nursery. Once again she ran to me and flew into my arms and gave me a massive hug. Again like last time she didn't want to let go and I had even more trouble than last time getting her to walk to the car with me. She just wanted a massive cuddle. Later in the day I discovered she hadn't slept well and had woken in the night, which explained a lot. It was like I thought on Tuesday she is just tired after being at nursery because she isn't one hundred percent and she isn't sleeping well. It is just causing her to feel a bit low in herself. All the same the cuddles are always welcome. I just wish I could take away what ever is making her feel so poorly.
The next destination did brighten her up when it was announced. We were off to Northfields Farm. Another place we hadn't been to since the winter set in. She use to love it there, seeing the animals and being close to them and I was hoping she would be the same way today. I wasn't disappointed, she remembered the farm and when we got there and where to go. None of her joy of being on the farm had disappeared. Soon she was in the children's area full or rabbits and other small animals, but that wasn't what she wanted to see. She wanted to see the pigs and she was in luck because there were not only pigs but piglets too. Soon she was pointing at the pigs and telling us which ones where Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig and which were Peppa and George. That was not all that there was to see and soon she was looking at the beautiful White Park Cattle that are said to be one of the oldest British Breeds. We all had a lovely time at the farm and I can't wait until we return again.
After we finished at the farm we headed back into Oakham to the supermarket to get some food for the day. On the way there Lucy feel asleep in the car so I stayed with her. She hasn't fallen asleep in the car in ages so she must have been really tired. She didn't wake again until the shopping was done and we were all back home.
While I made lunch, Lucy watched television in the family room. She was still moody and I wished I could do something to make her feel better. All I could do was give her the cuddles she needed, when she needed them. It's at times like this you feel so helpless as a parent. One good thing was that she did eat all her lunch which is always an encouraging sign.
The television watching carried on most of the afternoon. She seemed to have little interest in doing anything else. Normally we don't have the televion on much so this was a complete contrast to what would happen if she was well. I did however manage to get some interest in doing something different when I suggested we could take George the scruffy westie for a short walk. She loves going out in the village and she loves walking him.
We had a lovely time walking the dog. I had to hold onto him until we got to the church as he has a tendency to pull at the start of the walk but by the time we reached the church he had calmed down. With him just pottering around Lucy was able to hold his lead and walk him around the church yard looking at the flowers. The church is lovely this time of year with all the daffodils lining the paths. I just followed her around and enjoyed the fresh air until it was time to take over with George and walk back home.
On the way home we had to navigate through the cars that appear like a swam of flies when the school comes out. It was quiet a tricky process with a dog and a young child but soon we were turning around the corner to the house only to see Catherine who was walking down the walk. Catherine ran down the walk and gave her a massive hug and they walked hand in hand back to the house it was lovely to hear them chatting away.
Once inside the house Lucy followed Catherine upstairs to play. After Emily came home Lucy retuned downstairs and she was soon zooming around on her toy car before playing monsters and trying to scare everyone. Although her coughing was now getting worse she was making the best of things and she was much more like her normal self. Smiling away, having fun and making everyone simile. It was lovely to hear as I cooked after being so concerned about her when I picked her up.
Dinner was a little later than normal, there was a whole other story going on that was taking up my time throughout the day. This resulted it the end of the day being a real rush. The washing was still drying and the food was just about ready a six. Some thirty minutes later than normal. Thankfully there was just enough time left to eat the dinner and finish the drying before dropping off Lucy back at her mummies in Oakham.
As soon as I got back home after fill the car with enough petrol for the next trip it was off up the A1 to Leeds to take Emily and Catherine to Leeds. The drive was rather quiet for a friday night but I was thankful for that, it had been a busy and at times stressful day so a more relaxing drive was what I needed. Unfortunately another of design defect on the car means that the heater fan isn't working so it was rather cold but within an hour of leaving we were heading back home via the supermarket to put our heat and have a rest from the day in the warm.
It been lovely to have Lucy here although it is a shame that she is so poorly. I hope she gets better soon ad I'm really quite worried now that she isn't getting better and it has been going on for so long. To be honest I could have done without all the stress of the day especially when I had Lucy, but I guess it couldn't be helped and it just part of sorting stuff out and life in general now. It is just not needed any more to be honest I do all I can and even then it is never right.
No comments:
Post a Comment