Sunday, 20 March 2011
Slow Sunday
Compared to yesterday it was always on the cards that Sunday was going to seem slow compared to the day before. There was so much going on day before and with a day split by Lucy going back to Oakham in the middle of the afternoon it is much harder to get out and have fun.
The morning was much like yesterdays. Lucy woke just after eight and we gathered her stuff together and we came downstairs and watched a little bit of television. Soon we were both joined by Catherine and both girls sat down at the table and had some breakfast both cuddling up together in the chair for a bit.
By the time I started cooking Sunday lunch the girls had both moved into the family room to play. I looked in the room at one point and I was amazed at the mess a three year old can make. But, I guess the most important thing was they all looked like they were having fun. Later they were joined by Emily at around eleven when she got from Charlie's and the fun carried on.
For lunch I cooked a roast pork. It was the first time in ages we had pork for Sunday lunch and I must say I was looking forward to it. To accompany the meat we had garlic mini roasts, stringless beans, cauliflower, broccoli, roast parsnips and stuffing. A right royal feast as they say in London. Everyone loved it and there was even some meat left over for sandwiches for dinner with sweet pickle.
After lunch we gave Lucy the bath she missed out on the night before. She had great fun with Catherine drying her hair with Catherine pretending to be a hairdresser. As soon as it was dry it was time to get her dressed and return her back to her mummies in Oakham before going shopping in the supermarket. When I got home Catherine remarked on how quiet it was without Lucy and I have to agree it very quiet without her.
It's been great having them altogether for the weekend and I can't wait I have Lucy here again for a weekend. She is off on a mid week break after next weekend I have her so it will be shorter weekend than normal, but all the same I can't wait to have her sleep here again.
No comments:
Post a Comment