Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Mild Tuesday

It been a strange old day in a number of ways and one I wasn’t expecting to turn out like it did. It was just one of those off days you get from time to time when things just don’t feel right. Thankfully it was nothing to do with the children, but just the sort of day I had. At least the weather was mild and the sun did make an appearance.


The morning started out as any other. Emily go up first and went off to Charlie's to get a lift to school and just after she left Catherine got up. I sat chatting to Catherine as she had breakfast and soon she was gone to and the house fell quiet. That is if you discount George barking at the people passing the bottom of the lane as they went to school.

I just spent the morning doing a bit of work and pottering about in general. There was much to do on the work front other than get the documents ready for the students assignments tomorrow. It was rather nice not doing much for a change. It just gave me time to think and be. If you know what I mean.


Just before noon we headed off to Oakham to pick up Lucy from her nursery. She gave me the biggest cuddle, however she did seemed rather quiet in herself compared to normal. She didn't want me to put her down, but in the end she did walk with me to the car. Although she still seemed very quiet and she wasn't her chatty self.

As the weather was fine and the sun was out we decided that a trip to the park was in order before heading to do some shopping for the day. It's been ages since I have been with Lucy to the park in Oakham so that was our park of choice for the day. Lucy normally loves the park but to day there was no of that wild free spirt in her that is so magical. She was just plodding to the park. I put it down to tiredness and wondered if she had a bad night with the cough that is still playing her up. All the same she did brighten up as she played but she didn't play for very long before she came and sat on my lap. In the end I decided the best thing to do was get the shopping done and return home where she could rest.


As soon as we got home I got Lucy's spotty blanket out and we pick a DVD together and soon she was sitting down under the blanket watching a film as I made everyone some lunch. Lucy did well eating her lunch and started to bright up soon after. Clearly the rest and the food was what she really needed as well as a few hugs. Soon she was playing as normal around the house with her toys and getting people to join in her games. This took her nicely up to the time that Catherine and Emily came home.

As normal Emily and Catherine both got lovely welcomes and they were soon all playing in the garden together with them finally going in when the temperature started to drop. It was rather nice to see them all outside together in the garden. Once they were in the family room together it was time for me to start cooking their dinner as they continued playing.


With dinner eaten there was just a bit more time with Lucy before she returned to Oakham. As always they all made the most of it. Then I took her back. What I didn't realize was her inhaler was in her bag, I hadn't checked, and I missed giving it too her at the right time. Hopefully it didn't matter too much. I also had to turn back on the way back home as she had left her glow bear in the car and I knew she would want it for bedtime. It was funny she was coming to the door to see me as I returned the glow bear and the door was closed before she got there. Sometimes I find it all so odd.

When I got home I got a warm welcome from george in the garden and he followed me into the house. Emily spent most of her time in the bedroom chatting to friends while Catherine enjoyed having the family room to herself until bedtime.

This was the sort of day you can't wait to end. It just wasn't a good day although the children did make me smile and helped me get through what was a difficult day in a number of ways. I just hope that tomorrow with be better than today.

No comments: