Monday, 21 March 2011

Artist of the Week - Noah and the Whale

This week artist of the week is band that has a new album for 2011. The band in question is Noah and the Whale. If you watched this weeks semi finals of "Dancing on Ice" you would have heard 'L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.' from there new album.


This is not the only place you would have come across this band. A few years ago the song '5 Years time'. It was used in a advert for LloydsTSB bank and it where I really first came across the band and started me listening to them.


Noah and the Whale are an English independent folk band from London who are now into their fifth year, having been formed in 2006. In those five years they have released three albums all of which have made the top twenty in the UK album charts. They are currently starting a world tour which starts this Thursday in Toronto in Canada before moving to the UK and then into Europe before returning once again to the UK. From the live video I have seen they are well worth seeing live.


It going to nice to listen to there old music again and the new album on the way to work. I hope you get sometime to listen to their songs that you like on YouTube or elsewhere on the web.

No comments: