Saturday, 5 March 2011
Better Day
Things had to get better after yesterday and they thankfully did. It was a shame the same couldn't be said of the weather and we could got out to the park but all the same fun was had by all. It was what I needed that is for sure.
It was lovely to as always to see Lucy first thing in the morning. Her zest for life makes up getting up that little bit earlier than I have to when Emily and Catherine are here. She is just so bubbly in the mornings. It is like every day is a big adventure for her and so exciting. I love the wat she grabs all her things and chatters and we go down the stairs and how she cuddles up with me and watches television. It is just lovely.
When Catherine joined us the two girls sat down to breakfast together before going off to play in the family room together. That was until Lucy noticed Emily was missing and went upstairs to find her. Not something that pleases Emily when she is trying to sleep but Lucy insists that Emily should get up and join in, and if she doesn't get up the first time she tries again. That was the order of the day. As soon as Lucy had gone Emily went back to sleep only to be woken by Lucy again. Eventually Lucy's persistence paid off and Emily came down to join in the fun and games until dinner.
Before dinner we headed out to buy some extra's to add to the meal. It meant a double trip, first to the CoOp and then to Tesco's. It was while we were at the CoOp that I was surprised to find someone kissing Lucy's head. It turned out to be her mummy's sister. Lucy was delighted to see her and before we left wanted to seek her out again. We found them in the isles with her new baby that I have heard about from Lucy. I congregated her on the baby and got a polite, but dismissive smile back, but then I didn't expect much else although I did mean what I said. Who knows what has been said and who said it, but I don't hold grudges, what would be the point.
Anyway, dinner was a simple affair but it was enjoyed by all except for Emily who had gone to town just before dinner with Charlie leaving Catherine with to play with Lucy for the afternoon. Emily didn't return until just after dinner when it was time for Lucy to go to bed. The afternoon was spent giving lots of cuddles to Lucy, when she sought me out, while she played with Catherine in the family room. Although because we couldn't decide on dinner at lunchtime another shopping trip was needed before we could eat our main meal of the day.
Emily had dinner at Charlie's so there was only the four of us for dinner. Since we allowed for Emily in the shopping there was extra food all round. Given the fridge isn't working properly all the fresh food we but has to be eaten with 24 hours. Lucy is getting really good at eating all her dinner and tonight was no exception. Her plate was almost licked clean. I think everyone enjoyed dinner.
It was just after dinner that Emily returned in time for Lucy's bath time. We did the magic hair trick in the bath and stopped the soap going in Lucy's eyes and Emily did the shacking over the bath tonight. It was when Emily asked if she wanted to try out Emily's new hair dryer I was surprised to hear Lucy yes. She dislikes the vacuum cleaner so I thought she wouldn't dislike hair dryers too. In fact she loved it and had a great time with Emily drying her hair.
With Lucy's hair dry it was time for bed and stories from Emily and myself. Lucy loves her bedtime stories and is really good at listening and joining in with the stories she knows. She is a realy pleasure to read to, as was Emily and Catherine when they were her age. With the stories out of the way and Lucy all snuggled up it was time for cuddles from everyone before she drifted off to sleep.
With Lucy in bed Emily and Catherine they got on with there own things for a while. Emily based herself in the bedroom while Catherine watched some televion and relaxed. They were both tired and when they hit the pillow they went quickly to sleep.
It has been a much better day than yesterday and it has been lovely to have all three of my children together for the day. I just hope that tomorrow is as good as today.
No comments:
Post a Comment