Friday, 4 March 2011
Mixed Bag
It been one of those days of highs and lows where the high were surprising and the lows where just frustrating. It was an odd a sort of mixed bag and very confusing as well. I guess sometimes life is never simple and that was to day a complex day in many ways. So I will concentrate of on the highs, even if it means a shorter post.
The day started normally enough. Emily and Catherine both got off to school on time. It was the second time I had taken Emily to her new school. I must admit it is a lot easier dropping her off there than it was at the old school. Now there is no getting stuck getting there that use to happen because of the level crossing in Oakham. As usual I popped to the supermarket on the way home and then relaxed for the morning until noon.
Just before noon I headed out to pick up Lucy from nursery only to get stopped at the level crossing just outside Langham. It was all I wanted and it made me late, but thankfully the staff at the nursery were very understanding and said it didn't matter. Lucy was delighted to see me and came running to the gate and once opened she ran into my arms and gave me the biggest cuddle and told me she had missed me. It was all rather sweet. When we got to the car she got me to put her new lovely teddy into the car seat. He is a wonderfully smiley teddy and you could tell she loves him, she even carried him all the way to the car.
Before going home we had to pop into the supermarket to get some food. As we travelled there we chatted as usual, however some of the things Lucy said were quiet surprising, but I take it all with a pitch of salt. You can't read to much into things especially when they are so confusing about what you thought, anyway we had fun in the supermarket as usual although we were only picking up a few things before going home.
When we got home George gave Lucy his usual welcome and I got straight on with cooking some lunch for everyone. Lucy, meanwhile headed straight to the family room and her toys and was soon whizzing around on her tricycle and her toy car. She loves being able to ride them round the house and having stone floors makes this easy to do.
After lunch, Lucy went back to playing in the family room. She played all kinds of games and between them she kept popping in to see me for a cuddle. This carried on all the afternoon until Emily and Catherine came home from school when they both joined in with her games. The only thing of note was when I popped to the supermarket and Lucy saw her cousin Katie, which really made her smile. I must say it is a long time I had seen her and she certainly has grown.
After dinner the girls settled down to watch television together. Lucy cuddled up with Emily complete with soft toys. It was nice to see them all enjoying something together. Often it is hard to find programmes that they all like. This they did until it was time for Lucy to go to bed and after some stories and hugs and kiss she was soon in the land of nod. A hour or so later she was joined in the land of dreams by her big sisters as they went off to sleep.
All I want is a happy family, and although I know there is no such thing as a perfect family or for that matter relationship, I do want a family that can laugh and play together and doesn't fall apart when the going gets tough. It is that dream, or desire, that keeps me going. I know it is achievable and for that reason I don't give up. I will get there, I know I will.
No comments:
Post a Comment