Monday, 14 March 2011

Artist of the Week - Rihanna

This weeks artist of the week is a world wide superstar that is currently releasing hit after hit. The one and only Rihanna.



You can't listen to the radio at the moment without hearing a Rihanna song at some point. It is simply impossible not to hear one, unless of course you are listening to Classic FM. All the popular music stations have at least one of her songs on every hour. It wasn't the Radio where I came across her first, that was through the album "Good Girl, Gone Bad" which I first heard a couple of years ago, although I knew of her previously through the hit song "Umbrella" that is the first track on the album. That particular song was a massive hit with girls and they still love it and sing along today when ever it is played on the radio. I know her current album is a hit with the girls.



Rhianna is a Barbadian R&B recording artist and songwriter who was Born in Saint Michael, Barbados in 1988. At the age of sixteen moved America to start a recording career and made her first studio album "Music of the Sun" in 2005 which peaked in the top ten of the Billboard 200. No mean feat for a first album. Since then there has been no looking back and all her albums have made it into the top 5 of the Billboard 200 in the USA. She has sold over 25 million albums and 45 million singles world wide. Even more incredible than that is that she has amassed of one billion views on YouTube. As for awards there are two many to mention over the years. She really is a international superstar.



This week I'm just going to focus on the album "Loud" that she released last year rather than all her works so far. There no particular reason for this other than it saves me having to change CD while I'm driving. I hope you enjoy listening to my artist of the week, then again but I guess can't avoid her. She is all over the radio dial at the moment.

No comments: