Wednesday, 26 October 2011
Film of the Week - The Shawshank Redemption
This weeks film of the week is the story of a banker, Andy Dufresne, who is wrongly accused of the brutal murder of his wife and her lover. He is sent to Shawshank Prison after receiving a double life sentence and the film is the story of his time there and his battle to become respected and popular with both the inmates and the prison staff. The film is of course "The Shawshank Redemption".
It was nominated for seven Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Actor. and they were well deserved because it a well crafted film that features some wonderful performances from the cast. The feel of the film and the oppression of the prison environment is perfectly portrayed by the director who makes the most of a wonderful story.
I was introduced to the film some years ago and I will always remember the first time I watched it. I was mesmerised by the film and the feeling of hope I felt at the the end amazed me. I was completely absorbed by the film. Although I haven't seen it in years I know the times I have watched after the first time I saw it have always left me feeling the same way.
It is a story of survival, friendship and above all hope when all hope seems lost. It is a amazing story that tells us that through adversity with determination and staying true to yourself you can win through in the end, even if it takes years. It shows we can all determine our our fate if we believe in it enough.
It is a wonderful film and if you haven't seen it then you must. I'm really looking forward to watching it again sometime over the coming week. I just hope I get that feeling of hope from it again that I have in the past, I need it at the moment.
Posted by
Roy
Labels:
Film of the Week

No comments:
Post a Comment