Thursday, 20 October 2011
Restful Thursday
After all the excitement of having Lucy with us for six days it was bound to be a quiet day. We were all missing her after she left and the fun she brings to the house. Looking positively though a restful and quiet day is probably not a bad thing and it lets you reflect on what has gone on the days before it.
The morning before you could tell the first frost was far off and overnight the temperature dropped officially to zero for the first time this autumn, but there was advantage to the clear sky a beautiful sunrise that accompanies such cold nights.
Today was nothing like the days that preceded it the house and everyone in it was quiet and the mood more somber in nature. Catherine got lazily out of bad and was the first of the two children I saw and she was followed by Emily an hour later. To be honest I think if Emily could have she would have slept longer but she was off out ice skating with her friend Millie for the day.
After Emily left I tried to get Catherine to do things but she just wanted to rest and watch television an go on the computer and play sims for the day. She really didn't seem to want to do much else so in the end I gave up trying to get her out in the day. If it wasn't for a Doctors appointment I made because she has developed a chest infection I don't she would gone out at all. It was a real contrast. Normally she is more than happy to go out and have fun.
It wasn't until just before dinner time that Emily arrived back full of tales about her ice skating and the things she had been up to. At one point we both sat ad watched Ray Quinn on "Dancing Ice" back from 2009. It was nice to have her back, and although I know it is just part of growing up, I do miss her when she not about. I guess you just get use to having your children about and when they aren't you feel a bit lost. Emily is growing up so fast as are her sisters.
Evening was much like the day, only that Emily was home too. Both settled down to chat to friends and watch television or listen to music to bedtime. I know they had fun and that all that matters but what a contrast it was for all of us. Roll on the next time they are altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment