Saturday, 8 October 2011
X-Factor - Act of the Week
As I said last year I can't do a run down of all the acts every weeks, there just isn't time. So like last year I will comment on who I think is the act of the week on the show and those that I feel got close to getting the top spot. From time to time I might include comments on other acts and on if I thought the right person went the week before.
So here is my first act of the week for week one of the current show. Unfortunately this year ITV have decided to stop the embedding of their videos on YouTube so I can no longer include them in the blog, they have also disabled all the past videos so the old videos clips no longer work from last year either. You will find the link to the video under the photograph of the act/artist.
The top two places in my mind were very close and they went to Janet Devlin and Craig Colton. Both were equally good and gave me that feeling that they were something special. I thought that Craig Colton was really brave picking his own song and the arrangement especially since it was the first show, but it really paid off. Given what the other members of the Boy's group did, it was a wise decision, since all the songs picked by Gary Barlow seemed uninspired. I can really see Craig doing well, but tonight Janet Devlin just pipped him at the post for the top spot. I might be bias in that she sung one of my favourite songs that I know so well, "Fix You" but unless she sung it well that would have stood against her, but she didn't. It is a song that has such deep feeling and needs to be sung from the heart and with understanding and she did it so perfectly and to that understanding she added her lovely voice and that just did it for me.
The other acts of note included for me Amelia Lily and Misha B both of whom showed promise and The Risk who seem a very promising band that are just going to get better and better as the show goes on.

No comments:
Post a Comment