Sunday, 23 October 2011

Nature

One of the lovely things about living in the countryside is being so close to nature all the time. You never know what you are going to see next or what you might find crossing the road as drive down a country lane. Even a short journey can bring you many a surprise.


It amazing what bird life you come across, from sparrow hawks, kestrels,  owls of all sizes to the smaller birds such as the gold finches and the members of the tit family that look so beautiful. I know on the outskirts of the village there is a very large bird of prey I have yet to get close enough to identify, it is absolutely massive. Then there are the wild animals from rabbits and hares to the small voles that you see when you are walking out in the fields. I'm just so lucky to live somewhere that is so alive. Even in the garden there was a male pheasant one morning last week who popped by to take a look. He was magnificent specimen with fine plumage.

So many times I have stopped when I have been driving just to try and capture a picture of some bird or other animal to find it gone or just too far away to shot, but today while I was out I found some tits that were more interested in food than me. The picture in this post is of a great tit hanging on the netting of the bird food bag while a blue tit a waits it's turn in the background. I just wish sometimes I had the equipment to get those shots I miss.

One thing is for sure I wouldn't live in a city again with its rows upon rows houses. I just love the green countryside and the fresh air. This is where I belong and this is where I will stay. It is the best place to be. 

No comments: