Saturday, 22 October 2011

X-Factor - Act of the Week

As the X-factor keeps us yawning through Saturday night but I'm determined to  see through to the end what so far has been the most disappointing series. Plagued by poor song choices and arrangements it hasn't been good so far and I can't see it improving. A few of the artists have potential but on the whole it is being wasted by the mentors/judges most of which don't even know what Rock is!. I haven't checked the rating but I bet they are falling and will continue to do so and with good reason.


Although this is an act of the week spot I'm not going to pick any of them. None them came up to the mark and delivered. The show was a shame. The only other two worth mentioning are Johnny and Kitty. Johnny was the was best by miles in terms of performance. I never thought I would see anyone mince to a rock song but he hit every note and he had fun. The rest really didn't come near the the standard of pervious years and nothing better than boring karaoke singers and I'm not alone in my negative views of the programme. Even the good singers failed tonight. 

Personally I thought they should introduce the buzzers from Britain's got Talent for some of the performances tonight. They wouldn't have made the show more bearable, but then again their wouldn't have been much of the show left. If it carries on like this they should remane it the "Yawn Factor" and it schedule it late at night to help insomniacs sleep.

No comments: