Monday, 17 October 2011
Cloudy Monday
The weather when I was a complete contrast to those of the days before. Gone was the warm sunshine and the sun was hidden behind the grey skies. I knew the cooler and cloudy weather had to come at some point but I still wanted it to stay away. I love taking the girls out and doing things outside in the fresh air. It is fun when there is so much to do and so much that is beautiful to look in the countryside. Today we had a quiet day in staying in the warmth of the house.
Like all the mornings that Lucy has been here this visit, she got up and went to find Catherine to get into bed with her, but unlike the other mornings she found both of her older sisters awake. They had both got up early so they could be dressed and ready when Emily's friend Millie came round for the day. Millie's mum works and I'm more than happy to have Millie here, she is always good.
Soon Millie arrived and those that wanted breakfast, namely Catherine and Lucy had some and all the girls went off to the family room. Lucy went on the Cbeebies website for a bit and Catherine helped her, while Millie and Emily played on the X-Box for a bit. All you could hear was girls having fun and that is the way I like it to be. Every so often I would be jointed in the living room by a little Lucy who would jump on my lap for a cuddle and a chat before going off to play again.
Before lunch we popped to the supermarket to get some food in for the day. Iyt never takes long too long to go the shops despite it the fact it is two miles away just because we hardly ever get stuck in traffic. As soon as we got back I made everyone some nice ham rolls with nice fresh bread. They went down a treat and for pudding they had some cakes that Mille had brought with her.
The afternoon was much like the morning that preceded it. Lucy played with her dolls house with her sister Catherine, did some drawing and played shops with anyone that was willing to buy things from her shopping trolly. The older girls included her in their play as much as possible and like Emily, Lucy made the most of having Millie here. At one point they broke out the popcorn and they all sat and watched "Alvin and the Chipmunks". Soon it was time for Millie to leave and with the afternoon over I got on with making dinner.
For dinner we had Emily's favourite, spaghetti bolognaise with garlic bread. Everyone loves pasta except for me and today I treated my self to some smoked haddock which I had with a cheese sauce and some vegetables. As I cooked for everyone first my dinner was slightly later than everyones else's and Lucy capitalised on this and had a taste of my dinner. She loved it, and so the next time she is here on her own with me I promised she could have fish in cheese sauce with me. I'm glad I have someone else in the house that loves fish as much as me again.
They was a little time for the girls to play after dinner and they made the most of it before Lucy trotted upstairs to bed. After her bedtime routine, everyone read her story starting with Catherine, then Emily and finally I told her the last story. After snuggling her down I gave her hugs and kisses from all her sisters, one from myself and the finally a big one from her mummy and she closed her eyes and fell asleep. Emily and Catherine spent the rest of there evening catching up on their favourite television before joining her in the land of nod.
It has been a real contrast to the few days before. No going out to parks and no sunshine to enjoy and with a windy day tomorrow it might be more of the same. Hopefully I can find some thing we can do or just somewhere we can go just for a while to break up the day. I asked the girls if they had a good day and they all said yes and that is the main thing. I can't say how much I have loved having the girls together, but I think you might have guessed that by now. My family and the people I love mean the world to me. I would rather have their love in return than all the money in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment